Chapter 13: The wind is from the west.

The Empire of Gra-Valkas. The capital city is Ragna. Bureau of Intelligence and Information Warfare.

— Your Excellency, please. — a man in a black uniform put his hand to his cap and handed over a folder with documents.

His "Excellency" took the handed folder without getting up from the table. He opened it and began to read. His eyebrows rose in surprise and he asked a question:

— So... Does this Russian Federation pose a threat to us?

— That's right, Your Excellency, read the form 304-986HA and 3054-2345AT, which was attached by scientists of the Department of Precision Engineering Development.

— They... learned how to build rotorcraft and jet monoplanes? His Excellency's face took on shades of surprise and shock.

— Yes, Your Excellency.

— I see, but is their fleet strong?

— Your Excellency, I hate to admit it, but their fleet is strong, and military technology is ahead of ours by centuries.

His "Excellency" sighed, turned the pencil in his hands, and then said in a calm voice:

— It's very interesting, they probably fought in their world for a very long time, just like us. War is not only blood and money, it is also progress! It's a pity that there. — His "Excellency" pointed his finger up and said frowning. — This will not be understood, the success of the dizzying operations for the annexation of underdeveloped states has covered their eyes with a thorn. How is the preparation for the start of the operation going?

— The 1st and 2nd armored divisions of the national Army have replenished their reserves and are ready to land. But Commander-in-chief Caesar is capricious and has raised a fuss in the Ministry, he does not want to send an aircraft carrier. He will send an "Atlastar"-class superdreadnought.

— I see, you can go.

— Yes sir! — a man in a black uniform put his hand to his cap, and left the office.

***

The Western Ocean. Not far from the Mu continent.

The Gra-Valkas empire emerged from nowhere, conquered primitive countries, and then declared war on all states located in the Second Civilized Zone. The powers have not expressed any fears, the country of barbarians, what to take from them. However, when the National Army of Gra-Valkas invaded the Kingdom of Paganda, a small island state under the protectors of Leifor, it provoked the wrath of the Leiforian emperor. Forty-four warships were assembled and sent to punish the barbarians to the west.

The Emperor of Leifor deployed the "Dragon" wyvern carrier and stop-gun battleships in the Western Armada. He ordered to punish with fire and sword. Here is an Armada at impossible speeds for the New World of twelve knots, cutting through the ocean to pay a courtesy visit to the barbarians brazenly moored in the port of Paganda.

— Admiral! A reconnaissance squadron of wyvern riders reports the presence of an enemy fleet... It is also reported about a single enemy ship three hundred meters long and with guns of the main caliber!

Admiral Bel frowned, peering into the horizon until his eyes hurt, and gave the order:

— Send the Wyvern Lords from the "Dragon" to attack! The course of the vanguard to intercept the enemy ship!

The sea bugle boomed, the manacom operators transmitted the Admiral's order to the entire fleet via magical communication. Signalmen on the bridges gave an order-request-response with flags. They were economical, powerful, brought to automatism movements.