Chapter 28: The Empire's Fatal Mistake. Part 1

The Empire of Parpaldia. The capital is Esthirant. First Department of Foreign Affairs of the Imperial Majesty.

The imperial capital of Esthirant. A magnificent and gigantic city that has absorbed all the riches of the countries in the vassalage of Parpaldia. While the capital glitters with gold and bathes in luxury, the Emperor, lords and dukes' coffers crackle with golden "Pasos", vassals languish in poverty and insignificance.

Lord Elto, the head of the First Department, was rubbing his temples after reading the report from the clerk. Only now was he coming to terms with what was happening. Due to the war between the Empire Parpaldia and the Russian Federation, the second strongest Mu superpower had stopped the flow of its overseas citizens, ordering its citizens in Esthirant to pack up and leave the empire as soon as possible. Upon receiving the order, Mu citizens stationed in Esthirant began to evacuate urgently.

- How could it be..." Elto mumbled to himself depressedly, his eyes wandering sadly over the report he had read. - Do the Mu really want war with us... but why would the Mu go that far?

Remille had also learned of the stampede of Mu diplomats, merchants, and burghers from Esthirant. The Mu ambassador himself was due to arrive in an hour. Elto was looking forward to this meeting, especially how Remille would behave and what the ambassador would say. As always, Remille had taken this diplomatic matter upon herself, and Elto would be an integral part of the decor in the council chamber. It seemed to him that Remille was already taking on a lot...

In one hour. The Palace of His Imperial Majesty's First Department of Foreign Affairs. Council Chamber.

The council hall was filled with the heads of various departments, and the meeting was headed by the head of the First Branch, Elto, and the head of the Foreign Affairs Auditor, Her Imperial Highness Remille. All of the high commanders waited for the Mu delegation to arrive. After a minute and a second, the attaché announced the incoming ambassador:

- The ambassador from the superpower Mu, Mugei has arrived!

The heavy gilded door opened and the ambassador entered the hall, greeted everyone and sat down at the large table. Mugei assumed the agenda was that Mu citizens were being urgently evacuated from the Empire of Parpaldia due to the escalating conflict between the former and the Russian Federation. However, the Mu government did not see the Parpaldians as enemies, but neither did it demand a ceasefire between the two powers. Parpaldia had to realize that the Russian Federation was a technologically advanced country and continued conflict between the two would prove disastrous for the former. Mugei wanted to let it be known that he too would be leaving Esthirant soon, no matter how much it would hurt Parpaldia's pride. There was, however, a detail that threw the reality of the situation into disarray.

Parpaldia has declared an undisguised genocide of the Russian Federation. If the heads of Parpaldia really knew about the power and capabilities of Russia, they would never declare such a powerful country "Purification". It's nothing short of unconcealed suicide. However, he was pulled out of his thoughts by a woman's voice:

- So, let's begin our meeting. - Remille said, and seeing the nods of those present, she asked Mugei a question. - As you know, we are at war with Russia, what is the reaction of your government, Mr. Mugei?

- Not positive, Your Imperial Highness. We believe that the war between your power and the Russian Federation is extremely cruel, and on account of the fact that your capital may be attacked and consequent destruction, our government has decreed an order for the evacuation of citizens from the Empire.

Such words made Remille's face darken and she said in a cold tone:

- You're pull someone's leg, Mr. Ambassador. We have studied the past battle in the Kingdom of Altaras. We have evidence of the use of aircraft against our troops.