Chapter 5. The Qua-Toyne Delegation and the Making of the Treaty.

The order of foreign affairs of the Principality of Qua-Toyne.

There was a lot of commotion in the order's building today. It was related to the preparation of the delegation to the Russian Federation. People were scurrying from place to place. Documents were being passed from hand to hand. Questions were being resolved about the security of the diplomatic mission and the adjustment of the ambassador's credentials.

- Yagou! I heard that you will go as one of the members of a diplomatic mission to the newly emerged Russian Federation. I am so jealous of you, I would like to go there too..." - Yagou, one of the servants of the order, called out gloatingly.

There were many states in whose territories, social order deteriorated. This was blamed on a poor restructuring of national politics, which caused some areas to have a much worse standard of living than the principality of Qua-Toyne. It often happened that when a diplomatic mission arrived in a dangerous region where it was easy to rob, kidnap and sell into slavery or even kill, and sometimes in places of fighting where there was rampant insanitation, it was easy to fall ill.

So being a member of a diplomatic mission was a job that everyone hated.

Yagou went to his office, sat down at his desk, and began to read the briefing book. It contained excerpts from manacomm reports that described both a ship the size of a palace and a high-speed flying machine that flew at altitudes beyond the reach of a wyvern. It was noted that these objects indicated a technological level.

- "Dear delegates, I ask you not to underestimate the country that has been transferred. Be courteous and respect the chain of command!

Yagou read the note, hummed, and wondered...

A wyvern - is a rather expensive "weapon". The Knights of the Order of the Dragon are the elite among the elite, the supreme ruler of the sky, which any soldier dreams of becoming, if only for a moment. Just as the cavalry is superior to the infantry. The dragonrider is overwhelmingly superior to the cavalry. A single wyvern will crush a battalion of cavalry. A wyvern flies at two hundred and thirty kilometers per hour, and at an impossible altitude for archery. Wyverns use their own mana to form a fireball. Also, a wyvern's natural armor can withstand a hit from an armor-piercing steel bolt.

The more powerful creatures that came to Yagou's mind were wyvern lords. These creatures were bred in the Three Civilized Lands, in small numbers. There are also even more powerful creatures, and these are the higher dragons, or divine ones. These creatures are synonymous with natural disaster. The human races have not even dared to think of riding them.

For a flying machine capable of competing with these reptiles was impossible, even for Mu.

Yagou became interested in the Russian Federation.

- "An interesting country... If I can make contact with it, my name will be carved in the stone of Qua-Toyne history."

His musings were interrupted by a knock on the door.

- The meeting is about to begin. - said the attache at the door.

***

The meeting was held in the gazebo, where Kanata briefed the members of the delegation.

The size of the diplomatic mission was five men. Four of them were representatives of the foreign affairs order, and the fifth was a representative of the military affairs order, General Hanki.

- The first goal of your diplomatic mission will be to assess the capabilities of the Russian Federation.

Find out if the Russian Federation poses a threat to us. As you already know, the Russian metal dragon has easily penetrated the airspace of our principality, evading the pursuit of the sixth squadron of the Knights of the Order of the Dragons playfully, and at the moment, we do not have the capabilities to counter it. They want to have diplomatic relations with us, but they may be hiding their true intentions, that their country seeks to become a hegemon, or they have extreme discrimination against other races, as in the Kingdom of Louria. Find out their true intentions.