Chapter 11. The Collapse of the Kingdom Part 1.

The border town of Gim. Territory under the control of the Russian Armed Forces.

Gim was unrecognizable. Was it a joke? To turn an entire town into a fortress; instead of ruins, concrete boxes were turned into full-fledged buildings. Barracks were erected near which there were columns with memorials depicting ranks, guard duty, firefighting and so on. Near the headquarters building hung a banner which read: "To send men to war untrained is to betray them. In the headquarters building built by the engineers, the commander of the 1st Liberation Qua-Toyne Division, Alexey Alexandrovich, who had come to the front from "Sloboda", was waiting for news from the air force and navy to synchronize the start of the operation. First the *RAF should neutralize the port and the wyvern stalls according to the data received from the satellite. After that, the Navy will block the coast, and the *GF will go on the offensive.

Reinforced concrete walls with barbed wire covered the entire border of Qua-Toyne from prying eyes. The only things visible above these walls were towers with searchlights and men in green helmets and cuirasses. In the middle of the reinforced concrete wall was a gate with a red five-pointed star. Near this gate was a checkpoint in the form of a roadblock with a barrier. The defense was set by science. The Russian military understood that the enemy was in anachronistic uniforms, but it was stupid and shortsighted to underestimate the strength of the enemy.

There was a "disaster" going on in the warehouses in silence. It was due to the fact that a muzzle called "Praporshchik" squeezed the new items from the Military Depot for contract servicemen.

- What a moustache face. - The sergeant grumbled, stroking the AK-74M. - The conscripts with 107s and 12s are chasing, and we have to use a shovel.

- What do the conscripts care? They come here for a business trip, they look, feel, smell, and go back to their homeland. And we have to serve and fight.

- Alexander Vasilyevich was right!

- And in what way?

- Any intendant after five years of service can be hanged without any trial. - quoted Suvorov the foreman, and sighed.

- Be glad we weren't issued with *PPShs-41 or *Fedorov's machine guns, at the very least. We've got plenty of that stuff. And what can you take from the enemy? They fight with axes and swords, and by rumour they wanted to give us *Simonov self-loading carbine and PPShs-41 in all seriousness. - holding a smirk said Suvorov.

The foreman did not notice the smirk and asked in a low tone:

- Seriously?

- Don't worry about it, I'm just kidding. - smiling, said Suvorov.

- You're a damn joker..." said the foreman, returning his smile. That was the end of their short break, and they went to line up platoons for the start of the advance.

***

Kingdom of Louria, Castle Hark.

There was a "debriefing" in the great hall of the castle. The atmosphere was oppressive and gloomy, due to a series of defeats in the war.

- This is a disaster! We could not gain a foothold in Qua-Toyne territory, how should we report this to His Majesty? - Chancellor Maos hissed.

- I... I don't know..." said Commander General Patagene biting his lip. - He'll remind me that I said we could take over the whole Rodenius at lightning speed, and that it's just pigs and peasants living there...

- They are cowardly creatures, fighting with their magical weapons, Mr. Yamirei, as a palace mage you should know more than ours, please tell me what you think about this?