Сhapter 12: Tense environment

It has been three days since the end of the War with Louria, but the seething of some earls has gone beyond all bounds. While the Russian Federation enters the world stage, things are not as rosy as we would like in Louria. Volunteers from the Internal Troops of the Russian Federation were called in and decided to take part in this trip, of course for a triple salary. The task is simple, to help the legitimate government not fall apart from collapse, to clean up the tops of the instigators of riots in the face of various kings. And what? You can't reach the gods, you won't become kings, that's why they got greedy and did obscenities on their land. One of the detachments of seconded fighters went to one of the duchies. According to the data received, in this duchy there were fermentations and indignations of the current government, for the sake of selfish goals, too, to separate from Louria, deserters found refuge in it, but also those who disguised themselves for them, for example, professional robber and bandit gangs, not framed by moral and ethical standards, on white eye robbed their own trade caravans and merchants.

— Comrade Commander, may I address you? - one of the fighters asked a question holding the AK-74M, as if hugging.

— Yes, what is it?

— Comrade Commander, why won't they calm down?

— Who? Kings or something? So it's understandable, when it smelled fried, these revolutionaries immediately appeared, they think that yes, we will make a coup, and immediately everyone will live better, I'm talking now about the bulk of people who support these movements, but they are used in the blindly by smart people who adhere to simpler, pragmatic and selfish goals. All revolutions end in rivers of blood, and an even more deplorable situation may come than it was before. Did I answer your question, fighter?

— Yes sir! — the fighter barked. All the fighters warmed their ears, too, nodded. So we drove on without words.

A column of three SPAV "Tigers" and one "Typhoon" drove through many villages and villages controlled by the barony. Nothing special, everything is normal feudal sense. Unsightly and modest houses made of a wooden log house, in which the elders lived,,and mud huts made of intertwined branches covered with a thick layer of clay, peasants working in the fields and cows grazing in the meadows. Military police cars often passed on these roads, therefore, people did not pay attention to self-propelled carts, wow, what an unprecedented thing. Absolutely peaceful people, save up natural products for the baron's table, and for yourself and your family, and sell the leftovers at the auction. They were deeply concerned about who was fighting with whom, when and why, they had ploughing here until the second coming of the Apostles of the Supreme God.

***

Duchy of Lour-Baritan.

— Hmm... — said one of the commandos looking at what was left of the village. — They are ruining their own breadwinners.

Only charred skeletons remained of the village. Here the column drove through this landscape without stopping.

— Oh, blyat. — the driver of the armored car swore, jumping up on a bump and braking, began to look around. At that moment, an arrow hit the armored glass, bouncing off it loudly, and the driver took the radio and barked. — Ambush!

Cars slowed down and dust rose.

— Where does the fire come from? — The commander's voice hissed from the radio.

— Northwest, 310.

Dirty men in various armor and weapons, from sticks to swords, began to run out of the forest belt.

— For the turrets! Don't get out of the cars! The commander's voice hissed from the radio on the general frequency.

"BZZZ-BZZZ-BRRRT"

The short anti-aircraft bursts of GSH-6-23M crackled, mowing the mad like a scythe grass. The men only shouted furiously and continued to run at the armored vehicles. They were torn to pieces, turning into mumbling and snuffling meat. But they continued this insane offensive with a kind of frenzy.

— Shoot them, blyat! Don't let them get too fucking close. — the commander shouted, wiping sweat from the thermal imager's eyecups. — Where did so many of them come from?! On 301 more! Well done, blyat! Out runs another 340!

Automatic turrets GSH-6-23M, smoking barrels stopped fire in connection with reloading. The *AGS-17 began to hoot, spitting out grenades, the same ones exploded and mowed down the maddened warriors with fragments. The "6S8 KORD" rattled to their aid, bringing a terrible death. This took effect and the wave rolled back into the forest. In pursuit of those fleeing from the AGS, a long queue was fired, which covered the forest with an uneven line of explosions. Only a few of those who managed to escape from grenades and whistling bursts of heavy machine guns survived.

— Cease fire! — the commander ordered and sighed, inspecting the area in the heat. — How many  ammunition are left?

— There's still enough for the war, Comrade Commander. — a voice with static from the radio answered him in a joking tone.

— Don't you think the behavior of the aborigines is strange? They were supposed to shit themselves from one turn and squirt into the bushes, but they swooped in with special fury regardless of losses.

— Yes, I think they got stoned with some kind of drug to such an extent that they lost the instinct of self-preservation.

— Stop talking. — the commander abruptly ordered and went to the far frequency with the base.

He gave a detailed report on the sudden ambush and the subsequent brief clash with the aborigines. He received an answer from the headquarters that these were not deserters and not even professional robber gangs, but undeterred bandit gangs who knew nothing about the events that had taken place, roughly speaking, they lived in a vacuum. Information about the size of this bandit gang caused concern in the headquarters, they reported that the Mi-24 link would conduct reconnaissance in the square indicated by the commander.

After a while, among the pilots of the Mi-24.

— I'm watching another enemy camp!

— said the first pilot of the lead helicopter.

— Fire to kill! — the flight commander ordered, and four helicopters fired missiles at the bandit camp.

There was a flurry and panic in the camp. The bandits could not find a place to hide, thus, there was nothing left of the camp. All were killed not even during the shelling, but simply because those who fell to the ground were crushed by panicking. After two approaches, the helicopters took a return course to the base. Their combat mission was completed.

At night, a combat assault group of volunteers recruited from the Internal Troops of the Russian Federation reached their destination. On the flat meadows not far from the town of the same name with the duchy, the estate of Duke Baritan was located. A majestic building with four floors, behind a two-meter wall of masonry, more like a whole castle of a lord, but not a duke.

Eighteen fighters landed from the "Tigers", began to prepare for the assault of this fortress. Their task was to take Baritan alive or dead, it did not matter to the headquarters. We thought about it, jumped in different directions so that nothing rattled and flew out during active actions, checked the stores in unloading, pouches, took them out of the cargo compartments of the AGS-17. In general, the usual routine during the assault.

Here the AGS-17 began to hoot loudly, spitting out short queues around the estate with a cover. Here one of the fighters shouted, fired a cumulative projectile from an RPG-18 into the western wall and sprinted back to the armored cars, not forgetting to pick up the tube. The wall, not having suffered such blasphemy, began to slowly fall apart, AGS grenades began to pour in that direction, responding with the alternate roar of many explosions.

In the darkness of the night, a commotion began, soldiers in good armor and "white" weapons began to run out of the neighboring buildings of the estate. Three assault groups were lying in the nearest natural trench — a shallow ravine disguised by trees, telling stories and jokes, waiting for the end of the shelling, a PK machine gun of one of the unit's fighters was placed on the ledge, with a thermal imaging holographic sight with a magnifier of domestic production and a closed-type muzzle brake, pointing the barrel at the estate, it seemed that the machine gun had acquired predatory features.

Here the AGS quieted down, the calculations began to quickly reload the bobbins into the grenade launcher, having received the command, the fighters stood behind the PK machine gun and waited for the go-ahead to open fire. The duke's soldiers did not know where to run and who to attack, the darkness and even the light of the two moons did not allow them to determine the direction of fire. The fighter waited for the commander's go-ahead, hit the pandemonium with short bursts from a closed-type muzzle brake machine gun. The fighters decided not to charge the tapes with tracers, in order not to shoot the office, still a night assault, suddenly there is someone very smart. The fighters felt at ease. Here the machine-gun crews stopped firing, and they were again echoed by the AGS beating with a canopy.

In the "dog watch", the calculations of the AGS finished ironing the surroundings of the estate. Machine-gun crews fell silent, and assault groups advanced to the estate. During this time, the snipers managed to take positions from which the entire perimeter was conveniently viewed. The commandos looked around. Many corpses lay broken dolls in the vicinity of the estate.

Here the commander of the assault groups gave the signal to start, opening the door a crack, one of the fighters threw a stun grenade, a loud bang, and eighteen fighters from the groups entered the first floor with a blurred shadow. Checking the rooms, emptiness, there was a mess everywhere and broken window frames with grenades from the AGS. The 1st group climbed the stairs to the second floor, one of the rooms that was locked from the inside caught the eye of the commandos. The fighter took out a device with which he examined the room. The same picture — a commotion, scattered clothes, overturned furniture. The call for communication by clicks, having received answers from the 2nd and 3rd groups, continued to move upward with smooth and quiet steps as possible.

On the third floor, one of the fighters of the 1st assault group pointed to a bloodline on the stairs leading to one of the rooms. The fighters dispersed and went to this room. A sharp jerk and here they are near a room with a broken door, stained with blood. One of the fighters entered the room with the IR light turned on, in this room there was the same mess as in the rooms before, except for blood.

— Clear. — said the commando who came out of the room.

— Jester, get in touch. A voice hissed from the speaker of the walkie-talkie.

— King, the Jester is in touch. — said the commander of the 1st group. — What do you have there?

— Here...fucked up — a voice rasped from the speaker of the radio with interference.

— Report calmly. — the commander of the 1st group said abruptly.

— Roll up and blow to us on the first floor. We found the object. How did you understand the reception? A voice hissed from the walkie-talkie.

— Got it. End of communication.

The fighters without fuss and haste began to descend into the basement of the estate and what they saw shocked them. Baratin was identified only by the ring that Hark Louria gave to loyal and loyal dukes and lords. The bloated corpse of a lean naked man in a noose had been hanging for a long time and began to stink terribly. There were remnants of skin and dried blood on the nails. Apparently, the duke did not want to accept such a fate until the last. Near Baratin lay his naked gutted wife tied to the bed. Apparently she was raped by deserters, and then her throat was cut, and she died a painful death, choking on blood.

— What kind of bastards... — one of the fighters whispered, looking at the corpses of the Duke and Duchess.

— That's not the word...

— I agree with you...

"Where's their daughter?" — the commander of the 1st group asked in a hoarse voice. — They should have had a daughter! To the second floor, Tungus, Corvette for me!

The fighters went up to the second floor and began to knock out the door, so it crunched pitifully and fell. Having gone inside, the fighters turned on the lanterns and began to inspect the room. The third kept his finger on the bolt carrier, showing with all his appearance that he was ready to open fire. Here two commandos overturned a double bed and saw a little girl of about sixteen, who was barely breathing.
— Tungus, examine her for cutting and stabbing, so that she does not rush at you. — said the commander of the 1st group.

Tungus nodded, and snapping his visor with his hand, began to carefully examine the girl. So he unclenched her fist, and took a piece of glass in the dried blood. And began to feel the pulse.

— How is she? The Jester whispered.

— She will live. — briefly stated Tungus taking her in his arms.

— Have you found the object? The voice of the squad leader hissed.

— That's right. He's dead, and so is his wife. He was eliminated before our arrival.

— Understood, and someone from his family remained alive?

— Daughter ... — the Jester answered briefly.

— Okay, everyone out, when she recovers, we'll ask her about what happened.

With the dawn, the girl opened her eyes. It seemed to her that she had just had a terrible nightmare. Dear governess Elizabeth has prepared her favorite dish, and then she and her father and mother will go to the capital — Jin Hark, to the next meeting of loyal servants of the king. She looked around and saw neither her bed nor her estate, and looking up, she saw a clear sky and flying birds.

— Are you awake? A voice asked from somewhere.

She saw a man in front of her in a strange green-tinged armor.

— Who are you? — the girl asked sharply, looking at this man with a wary look. — Where are my... Dad and... Mom?

Seeing the sadness and sadness in the gray eyes of this man, the girl sobbed and sobbed violently, hysterically shouted:

— Mommy! Daddy!

The man did not approach her. He's nobody to her, let him cry and calm down. After three hours, the girl calmed down, but she was shivering.

— Tell me... Limia, how did this happen? The Jester asked this girl.

The girl smeared him with a dead look, looked haggard, dropped her head and began to whisper emotionlessly:

— This is... It happened a few days ago. My father... As I learned about the defeat of the Russians in the war, I changed a lot. He began to swear and drink a lot. He didn't touch us... with Mom... he locked himself in his office and didn't come out of there all sunny day. And then... Bernard, a vassal... who was responsible for the defense of our estate, came to see him...

The Jester did not interrupt her, patiently waiting. The girl sobbed and continued:

Then chaos began... My mother took me by the hand and took me to the guest room on the second floor, the servants fussily left me food and water... Having ordered not to go out under any conditions and not to make noise... I looked out the window, there were a lot of our troops with banners of knights and viscounts... How my father quarrels with someone on the fortress wall... After that, something hit hard and the troops entered our manor killing the servants. The blows of swords could be heard outside the doors, and then screams of despair. The next day, everything was quiet. There were no maids to be heard, nor anyone else but the drunken shouts of the Lourian soldiers...

— The Jester nodded and went to the squad leader to report.

The commander of the detachment also asked Limia about past events, clarifying the information received, asked various questions. Then he reported to the headquarters. Having received the order, they searched the estate, found a lot of treasures hidden in the wine cellar, various tracts, finally buried Limia's parents, with whom their daughter said goodbye, and went to the base in Beales. The girl wished to go far away with Rodenius, and no longer remember that terrible nightmare. She entered the school, after brilliantly graduating from it, she entered the leading Institute of Economics and business.