Chapter 7: The Massacre of Rodenius.

Calendar from New World Emergence Year 0002, April, Day 22.

Meeting in the Lotus Council.

Evacuation from the border town of Gim was successfully completed. Louria lost twenty thousand spears from the vanguard during the bombing of the Russian Aerospace Forces, but still occupied the Gim. The meeting was nevertheless infected with an oppressive atmosphere.

- Please read the report. - Kanata ordered.

Attache was pale as a dead man, but nevertheless he opened a folder with A4 sheets of paper purchased from the Russian Federation, found the necessary page and started reading:

- The frontier city of Gim has been occupied by the Lourian army. Their eastern army now numbered eight thousand nine hundred and fifty lances out of a full force of four hundred thousand. Our fears have been confirmed--Parpaldia has given military support to Louria. At the moment, there are five hundred wyverns and a fleet of four thousand pennants in Louria's position which has left port, present location unknown. Report completed. - After finishing the report, the attache sighed mentally.

There was complete silence, and the faces of the heads and elders grew darker as they digested what they heard. Four hundred thousand spears! And plus five hundred wyverns, and a fleet of four thousand pennants. Louria had shown her true intentions to enslave all of Rodenius, and Qua-Toyne had nothing to show for it. The most utter hopelessness enveloped the beautiful garden.

The head of the foreign affairs order, Rinsui, broke this gloomy silence with a raised hand and said:

- Elder and colleagues, we were assisted by the Russian Federation in evacuating our people from a possible massacre. They also wiped out most of the advance party inside Gim. Have you not forgotten that we signed a treaty that we could rely on them in the event of an attack?

- No..." Kanata muttered gathering his thoughts.

- So, before the meeting, we received a message from the Russian Federation..." Rinsui said, and then he shut up and looked around at everyone with his squinting eyes, waiting for a question.

- What did they say? - Kanata asked, smoothing out his face a little.

- The Government of the Russian Federation is requesting the possibility of a combined arms operation inside our country. If we approve this possibility, the Russian Federation is ready to send the Armed Forces to neutralize the Louria aggression

- Rinsui took a breath, for he read in the same breath, and then supplemented it. - This is the text of a message recorded with the help of a manacomm.

- They will send their troops to our aid?! - Kanata ruffled.

- Exactly so. - Rinsui said in a calm tone, while in his heart he was rejoicing at such news.

- Contact them immediately! Request help! We will supply them with everything they need, to the best of our ability. They are henceforth permitted to move by sea, land and air for the duration of the war. I give them complete freedom of action. Order all knights and squadrons of wyvern riders to cooperate with the Russian military!

Kanata took a breath and said solemnly:

- The meeting is hereby adjourned! Dismissed.

***

Calendar from appearance in the New World year 0002, April, Day 25. Port Maihark.

Qua-Toyne's second fleet finally dispatched its warships. Each ship folded its sails and assembled in port. Sailors double-checked the assault ladders for boarding. Unlit flaming arrows were oiled and put away for storage. Pavese for protection against enemy arrows were attached at equal intervals. Each ship was fitted with ballistas. There were about fifty ships in all.