One

Chapter One Timothy Anderson Los Angeles Psychiatry

Chapter One
Timothy Anderson
Los Angeles Psychiatry

"What was your childhood like Tim? I've heard bits and pieces of how you grew up through your sister, but what were your experiences?" Dr. Thompson asked.

Yeah, I'm seeing a shrink.

Shit just ain't been looking up for me and I had no one else to turn to. I've literally burnt bridges with damn near everybody a few years ago and I haven't figured out how to fix it. Or maybe I was too stubborn to fix it.

Once Mya and Chris won that case, my life seemed to just go down the drain. Money got so damn low, I had to sell my building. I was back living with my mama up until a few months ago. I literally have nobody but my son.

Syren even ditched my ass, but we'll get into that later.

"Um." My hands ran down my pants, cleaning them of the sweat that came from having to discuss my past. "I don't think I went through anything traumatic like my sister, but I stayed in trouble...like a lot. I loved to do the opposite of what everybody told me and it always got me caught up in sh— stuff. That still seems to be the case."

"What type of things did you get caught up in?"

"When I was a kid, I stayed getting kicked out of school. Til this day, I can't tell you how I graduated. When I was 16, I started selling drugs. My dads main source of income was selling and I always looked up to the way people respected him and his street credibility. Even to this day, you can't speak bad on Samuel Anderson without a nigga knocking you down...sorry for cussing, can I cuss? That's how I express myself."

"Sure."

I nodded. "Well, I wanted to be like my dad, have that same respect and I thought selling drugs was the key."

"How did that work out for you?"

"Horribly." I let out a small laugh. "Got shot, money was good but it wasn't great, wasn't no king pin or nothing like that. Running no empire or nothing. I wish I would've listened to my dad when he told me that life wasn't what I thought it was."

"Seems like you have a lot of regrets."

"Yeah."

"What's your biggest regret?"

"......not doing more with my life."

"What do you think truly stopped you from prospering? Was it fear of things not going your way?"