TwentyFive

Chapter TwentyFiveMya Anderson Later That Day

Chapter TwentyFive
Mya Anderson
Later That Day

After taking a break from my computer, I got up and decided to cook. I wasn't too sure about how getting food delivered around here worked so I'll be the chef for now.

I wanted chicken chili so I made sure that the concierge stocked up on everything that I needed. While I got that started, I FaceTimed Royalty to see how she and the kids were.

The phone rung a few times before a half asleep Royalty appeared. "Are you and my dad aware of the time difference, between us?"

Laughing, I nodded. "I'm sorry, I'll make it fast. I just wanted to check on you and the kids."

"Surprisingly, we're good. Landon has been brother of the year, helping me a lot. We're going to go Christmas shopping today."

"Just make sure you stop in Louis Vuitton for me."

"Anything for you."

"Thanks babe."

"How are things there? Dad didn't sound too happy when we talked."

"It's the first day so we'll have to break the ice. I want him to be comfortable but I'm not completely sure that's going to be possible."

"If you guys focus on other things besides what could have been and what happened and just live in the moment I think you'll be fine. Stop reopening old wounds, it's tired."

"My 17 year old daughter is giving me advice, I can't believe it."

Royalty laughed. "I had amazing people like you in my corner, giving me advice."

"And that'll last until my last breath bookie. I'm going to let you go. I love you and if you need me please do not hesitate to call and if the kids become too much call mama Joyce or my mom."

"We're fine, go enjoy Switzerland. I love you, bye."

"Bye."

The call disconnected and a text from Lucas followed. I was tempted to open it but fought against it. Footsteps filled the room, making me looking over my shoulder. Chris rounded the corner. He looked fresh out the shower and I was annoyed at the fact that his once beautiful black hair was lilac.

"It smell good as hell in here." He said while lifting up the top on the pot. "Chicken chili?"

"Yes."

"Your pops recipe?"

"Duh."

"Perfect." Walking over to the chairs that were opposite of where I was Chris sat down. "So what's been up with you? Might as well catch up."

"Nothing at all actually. Work has me swamped lately, I'm kind of happy to be away from the madness."

"How you away from the madness and you brought your laptop with you?"