Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen Chris Brown Tarzana, California - 90 Days Without Mya

Chapter Fourteen
Chris Brown
Tarzana, California - 90 Days Without Mya

"Daddy.....daaaaad......DADDY!" Emery hit my shoulder over and over. I tried to pretend to be sleep, hoping he'd just leave me alone, but nope. Sighing I rolled on my back and looked at him.

"What you need Em?"

"I'm thirsty." He lifted his cup.

"So you can piss all in my bed, absolutely not." Sitting up, I grabbed my phone off the nightstand to check the time. It was two in the morning. Why is he up?! "Lay down man. You supposed to be sleep."

"I want juuuuiiiiice." Whining, Emery started his little fit. "Where's mommy? I want mommy."

Me too.

Taking the cup from him, I climbed out of bed and picked him up then we headed downstairs into the kitchen. Quickly, I got his juice then we went into the family room and sat on the couch. Emery wasted no time climbing on my lap and wrapping an arm around me, laying his head on my chest and drinking his juice.

As soon as it was gone, I heard light snores. He was now fast asleep and I was up for good.

Tonight was the first time that I'd actually got some sleep in a few days. Mya's been gone for three months and I've been trying to manage the kids by myself as I should be able to, without the help or our moms. I've cleared my schedule, no shows, no parties, just me and my babies.

And I hate to say this but I might've bitten off more than I can chew and I shouldn't feel like this because these are my damn kids. I used to think I needed Mya before but now I need her now more than ever. These last few months have exposed a lot to me. Mainly that I don't know how to take care of my kids and it makes me feel awful.

Then I think back to when I tried to fight for full custody and how I bashed Mya as a mother.

She had every right to divorce me.

Yeah...she finalized it.

I don't know what happened during those first thirty days or what type of epiphany that they helped her have, but on the 30th day that the judge gave us, Mark called and told me that Mya wanted to proceed. A week later, it was official and I don't think I've been mentally okay since.

My mom tells me to win her back, but I can't think of a way to do that. Is that even more confirmation that we don't need each other? Before I knew exactly what needed to be done. Nowadays I'm just confused about everything.

The day before she left, everything was perfect. I just knew that she'd be calling off the divorce and we'd be working on our relationship. We hung with the kids, took them wherever they wanted to go. We even almost had a moment. There wasn't any arguing. For once she didn't look at me like she hated me.

Everything felt right.

I just want to know what gave her the push.

I should've never signed those papers in the first place.