Seven

Chapter SevenChris Brown Los Angeles, California - A Week Later

Chapter Seven
Chris Brown
Los Angeles, California - A Week Later

Walking into our house, I sat my keys on the table by the door and kicked off my shoes. As I walked in further, a bunch of suitcases sat in our living room, ones that obviously belonged to Mya and our kids.

Me, my mom, Emery and Jade flew back to LA a few days ago. I had been trying to call Mya and talk to her but hadn't been able to get through. I tried Royalty, she didn't answer either, but I expected that.

When I got to the family room, Mya sat there. She was sunk down on the couch, a hood over her head and dark glasses on her face. My eyes diverted over to the table and there sat some papers, keys, and her ring.

She knew.

I should've expected Royalty to tell her, even though I wanted to because I didn't want her to think that I was hiding shit from her. And this explains why I couldn't get through.

"Hey." I said while sitting on the couch across from her. I couldn't see her eyes due to the limo tint, but I could feel her death glare. "Mya, can we talk?"

"No."

"No?"

"You heard me."

"Baby, I don't know what came over me that night, I was trying to steer away from this but Nia was persistent and I fucked up."

"Save all that bullshit, because I truly do not care." Pulling a pen from her pocket she tossed it on the table. "Sign it."

"Mya."

"Look it's literally no reason to debate any of this. Just sign those papers so I can go. I'm giving you what you wanted but I took it a step further."

Lifting up the court documents, my eyebrows furrowed at the sight of divorce papers. "We have to be legally separated before we can do this."

"Not in Miami, that's where those papers were filed."

"Why can't we work through this?"

"Ain't you tired of that?" Mya asked, finally sitting up. "It's like the 100th time we've had to work through something and the 99th time that it's been your fault. I'm not doing this shit no more, so sign those papers so you can go fuck Nia bad built ass and whoever else you got on yo wishlist."

"Baby please."

"Chris, look the only reason I'm not outside fucking yo shit up and not trying to kill the both of y'all is because I'm heavily medicated by anxiety medicine due to me having constant panic attacks ever since yo weak ass baby mama decided to text me. Now sign so that I can go."

I knew me trying to beg and plead was pointless. I know when Mya is done with something. She doesn't fight for it.

Letting out a shaky breath, I picked up the pen and signed my name wherever I had to then pushed the papers back to her. "There, so what now?"