TwentyFour

Chapter TwentyFour
Omniscient
December 19th - Ten Years Ago (flashback)

Silence filled the room as the soon to be newlyweds held each other taking in the last few hours that they had alone. Mya and Chris flew out to Miami before everybody else just to have some quality time. No kids, no friends or family, just them. They talked about everything, whatever came to mind. The both of them wanted this new union to be like a breath of fresh air.

Burying her head into Chris's chest, Mya took a deep inhale of his scent. Closing her eyes, she just loved the comfort that he gave. "I don't ever want to leave this bed." She said before placing her lips on his skin. Chris smiled. "Me either. You think it's possible if we just call the preacher here to marry us then kick him out."

Mya laughed while rolling on her back and staring at the ceiling, then she lifted her hand to stare at her engagement ring. "I'm still in disbelief about all of this. I didn't expect for us to be getting married right now."

"Me either but I love you and I know that I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I could let time linger on but it's pointless in my eyes. You're the only woman I need Mya."

"So you don't think we could've gotten to know each other just a little more. Do you feel like you know everything about me?"

Chris's eyebrows furrowed. "Yeah...unless there's something you need to tell me."

Deeply inhaling, Mya shook her head. "No."Getting up, she made her way into the bathroom to freshen up. Wanting to stay in bed was over for her. Confused, Chris sat up and looked over to the bathroom before getting out of bed and heading that way. "What you doing Mya?" He asked, confused.

"Taking a shower, wanna join?"

"Sure but before that I need to know what that was back in the room."

"What are you talking about?"

"The way you just shut down when I asked if it was anything that I needed to know about you."

"There's nothing Chris, trust me. I just want our marriage to be perfect. If there ever gets to a point when we decide not to be together, I don't know what I'll do."

"You don't have to stress over that because we won't get to that point. You can't convince me that we're not made for each other. I never expected any woman to come in my life and make me get my shit together, the way you did. I love you so fucking much Mya and I can't wait to spend every waking minute with you."

Mya smiled, before walking up to Chris and wrapping her arms around him. "I love you too baby and I can't wait to marry you."

"You changed the game baby girl."

"So I've heard."

"When we get to our tenth anniversary, I want you to pick any place in the world and I'll take you."

"Promise?"

"I promise."

Present - December 21st (Anniversary)