Ten

Chapter Ten
Omniscient
The Next Morning

Mya sat in the middle of her bed, tears pouring down her face. She just stared at her phone as it lit up over and over. Notifications from everywhere and everybody.

That same humiliating feeling filled her body and she hated it so much. Finally picking up her phone, Mya unlocked it and started looking at what people were saying, knowing that was a bad idea.

He's a psycho and abusive! Poor Mya

Why would she hit him?! And This ain't the first time. That bitch just as abusive as he is!

I'm glad they're divorcing, it's long overdue.

All this for nothing, y'all crazy if you think she's really going to leave him. Mya is nothing without Chris.

Praying for her sanity, this is humiliating.

@karrueche sis can you tell Mya how to get her RO?! Immediately!

The comments just got worse and worse. There were a lot of disgusting things said about Mya, mainly by women that were infatuated with Chris and blind to his madness.

Locking her phone, she tossed it to the end of the bed, rubbing her forehead gently, then aggressively. Squeezing her eyes tightly she tried to block out everything but it wasn't helping. Everything that she had been through, clouded her mind.

For the first time in years, Mya felt hopeless. Everything in her life is going wrong and seems like it's been that way since she let Chris in her life. All the hell he's put her through.

And that fact that she allowed it made her feel even weaker.

Climbing out of bed, she went into the bathroom and grabbed her make up bag. Mya dug through it until she found the blade she used for her eyebrows. All she wanted was to escape. She wanted everybody to just forget she existed.

Holding it close to her wrist, she pulled it over the Chris tattoo, she got two years ago.

How ironic.

It was weird that she felt nothing. It was the same way when she was a teen, wanting to die after that man touched her.

Watching the blood move from her arm to the sink, brought a sense of relief over her. So much, she cut again.

When she had enough, she found a towel and wrapped her wrist until she located some bandages. Once everything was taken care of, Mya climbed in the shower. She hoped the scorching hot water would help even more. After that, she climbed out and slipped on a jogging suit and went downstairs. As bad as she wanted to stay to herself, she couldn't, her kids needed her.

Everybody sat in the living room when she got there, including hoody. When he looked at Mya, his eyes were filled with nothing but pity for her.She quickly broke eye contact and headed over to the kitchen to find herself something to eat.

After settling on avocado toast, she started prepping her food.

Tim got up from the couch and walked into the kitchen with his sister. "Good morning."

Mya looked up at him and sent a smile. "Good morning."

"I want to ask if you're okay, but I know you're not."

Mya shrugged. "I'm good, honestly."

"Mya—."

"Tim, I'm good. He was drunk and in his feelings. I'm okay. Do you know where the toaster is?"

"Cabinet by the refrigerator." He pointed to the one at the top.

"Thank you." She got up and went over there and opened the cabinet, reaching up she went for the toaster. Her sleeve moved up, showing the top of her bandage. Tim squinted, then rushed over to her, grabbing her arm. He snatched her sleeve up higher and his eyes grew. Mya roughly pulled away from him.