Twelve

Chapter TwelveChris BrownTarzana, California - Two Weeks Later

Chapter Twelve
Chris Brown
Tarzana, California - Two Weeks Later

We got a court date.

I've been staring at Marks text for what feels like forever, just wishing this was all a dream. He told me it could possibly take a while because the pending divorce rate is high right now but this ended up taking no time at all.

In three weeks, Mya would no longer be my wife. Our ten years together will just be another memory. I have to start over even though I don't want to. Does she?

Man I wish I could go back.

Getting up from the couch, I went and slipped on my shoes and grabbed my keys. If I sat here any longer, I might go crazy. I've been fighting the urge to do things that I'm not supposed to. All I keep thinking is how it'll help escape reality for a while but then I realize how even more fucked up shit will be if I do take that route.

Pulling up to Hoody's I killed the engine and hopped out then headed to the door and knocked. He answered and Sammy was right behind him. "What up fool? Wassup nephew."

"Hey uncle Chris." He looked like his dad but had every bit of his mom too. It was crazy.

Walking into the house, my eyebrows raised at the sight of Kayla on the couch looking mighty comfortable.

"What you doing here?" I asked her while smirking.

"Minding my business, same thing you should be doing." She laughed while pushing me as I sat next to her.

"Oh okay...if y'all rekindling the flame, just say that."

"Shut up."

"What you doing outside? I thought you'd never leave the house." Hoody asked.

"I needed some fresh air."

"I heard you and Mya court date is scheduled." Kayla said.

I nodded while sitting back. "Yeah."

"I'm so shocked that you're giving up like this. I just knew you were going to put up a fight."

"That was the plan but I just don't want to keep putting her through all this stress. I've tried to talk to her but she's so angry so she's not trying to hear anything that I have to say. I don't want to lose her but my hands are tied."

"Just tell me why Chris?"

"Mariah." Hoody tried to intervene but I knew she wasn't about to back down.