Three

Chapter Three Chris BrownVirginia

Chapter Three
Chris Brown
Virginia

Everything ain't all bad but it ain't all good either.

We decided to bring Ro with us to Virginia because refuses to leave the house. The whole ride there, she clung onto Mya. I wanna be grateful that she has someone like Mya who's been through the same thing to help her cope, but still I wish that I could comfort her some kind of way.

When we finally landed, we headed to the house I bought my mom in Virginia Beach a few christmases ago. It sat right off the beach, which she loved.

And at a time like, it was perfect for me too.

My insomnia came back full force, after everything that has happened. I thought being around Mya would break that like it normally does but it didn't. It's 7:30 in the morning and I'm up sitting on the beach, just staring at the water trying to clear my clouded mind.

This headspace was the last thing I wanted to deal with. It causes me to do things that I fought hard to overcome.

The sound of footsteps caused me to quickly look up. My mom walked closer to me with a smile on her face. "Good morning." She said while sitting next to me.

"Good morning mama." I kissed her forehead.

"It's pretty early, what are you doing up?"

"Can't sleep."

"Hm, everything still bothering you?"

I nodded my head. "My daughter is still suffering and I'm not sure how to help her. I don't know what to say or what to do. I try to be there for her but it's like she's afraid of me."

"She's not afraid of you Chris."

"Then why is she so dependent on Mya?!"

"Maybe because Mya can relate to her situation."

"Or maybe because she was there when it all happened and I wasn't...shit is fucked up."

I could feel my mom staring at me.

"So how did this change of heart happen with the separation? When I talked you the morning of your deposition you seemed pretty sure that your marriage was over and you'd be signing those papers. Hours later I see you and Mya all over Instagram."

"I saw her. I was finally face to face with Mya after a month of no communication. That woman has this spell on me, all it took was her convincing me that I was overreacting and I agreed. But we weren't supposed to be back together, I wanted space still, but once we left the court house, she was all that I could think about...some things happened and now, here we are."

My mom sighed and I looked over at her. "Chris this doesn't seem like a good idea."

"Why?"

"You're going back into this knowing that you're still upset about what she did and I know you, you're going to lash out at her eventually just like the situation during her 30th birthday."