Fifteen

Chapter FifteenMya Anderson Malibu, California - A Few Weeks Later

Chapter Fifteen
Mya Anderson
Malibu, California - A Few Weeks Later

"Mariaaaaah!" I screamed as I rushed up to my sister to give her a big hug. "And baby, hi Emery." Picking up my heavy baby boy, I planted a million kisses on his face. Oh my goodness, I miss my kids. "Follow me."

We headed outside and went over to the pool.

"No lie Mya, I'm so ready for you to come home. I never realized how badly I don't have a life until now."

Laughing, I sat down in one of the pool chairs. "Yeah, being here everyday is starting to take a toll on me, I can't lie."

"You gave five weeks left. It'll fly by. Can I throw you a welcome home party?"

"Absolutely not."

"Why? This is a big accomplishment?"

"I'm just not sure if I'm up for that, I'll let you know."

"Well what about that divorce party you wanted so badly? We can put something together. Invite a bunch of fine single men."

I left out a fake laugh. "Oh yeah."

Mariah's eyes squinted. "What was that about?"

"What are you talking about?"

She copied my laugh. "That...what was that?"

"Nothing Riah. We can have the divorce party."

"Mya, don't do that. You know you can bullshit everybody else but I know you like the back of my damn hand. What was that fake laugh all about? What are you not telling me?"

"Why can't you just believe me when I say it's nothing?"

"Because I know you're a horrible liar."

Rolling my eyes, I turned my focus off her and pulled Emery in closer. "Mommy missed you!"

"Mya!" Mariah called.

"What?"

"So you're not going to talk to me?"

"I'm just not trying to hear I told you so." I looked up at her then over at the pool.

"What? Why would I— Chris."

"Yeah."

"Are you guys talking about getting back together? What's the problem?"

"He's been a here...a lot."

"Y'all fucking?"

"Yes." I felt so ashamed. When I decided to go forward with the divorce I was supposed to be completely finished. The only thing we were supposed to focus on was our kids. All it took was him coming to see me, making me laugh and smile and I was right under his spell again. I hate how weak I get when it comes to him. "I fucked up Mariah."