Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen
Omniscient
Ocho Rios, Jamaica

"Oh my gosh, this place is so beautiful!" Mya yelled as her feet sunk into the white sand outside of the rental property that was theirs for the next 14 days

"I love Jamaica so much." Kayla said as she sat on one of the beach chairs. "We need to get a vacation home somewhere."

"I'm down for that." Mariah said. "So Mya, I see you're really trying to keep it strictly business this trip. You chose to sleep in a different room instead of with Chris."

Mya let out a small laugh. "I just don't want any false hope. We're all loved up here but when we're back home, it's back to reality you know."

"I hear you."

"How are you guys?" Kayla asked.

"We're good...we're building a friendship this time around. Co-parenting is going really good."

"Are their any chances of y'all getting back together?"

"Hopefully but I just gotta finish healing, I can't let things go south again if we do get back together. Everything gotta be solid."

"Are you open to dating anyone else? You know just test the waters." Mariah asked but before Mya could respond, Chris and his friends were headed their way.

"Him popping up when you asked her that is crazy!" Kayla laughed.

"God said, y'all stuck together babe."

Mya shook her head then looked out at the water. Soon she felt an arm around her shoulder and she was being pulled in. Looking up at Chris, she grinned then back at the water.

"I find it real cute that you put your bags in a separate room." He said.

Smirking, Mya looked up at him. "Where are they supposed to go?"

"In my room. Don't worry, I moved them."

Mya laughed. "So you're just going to make me sleep in the same room as you. That's not how it works when you're divorced and this is a business trip."

"You telling me you planned on going two weeks sleeping in a different room than me?"

"Yes."

"Oh for real?!"

"Yes! Why is that so hard to believe?"

Chris smirked while stepping back. "Alright, let's see if you can stick to yo word. If you stay in your room the entire time we're here, I'll buy you whatever you want."

"And if I lose?"

"You gotta let me take you on a date."

"Looks like a win, win situation to me."

"You wanna go on a date with me?"

"Maybe." Mya bit down on her lip and walked over to her sisters.

"No lie, it's cute as hell seeing y'all start over again and I'll help you find something to wear for that date because we all know you will be in his room." Kayla said.