Eight

Chapter Eight
Omniscient
Los Angeles, California/ Miami, Florida - Two Weeks Later

"Ayo Breezy!" Hoody yelled walking into Chris's house with Sinko right behind. "Chris! Where the hell you at man?!"

Groaning, Chris put a pillow over his face, annoyed at the fact that he forgot to lock the front door. The guys searched all downstairs for Chris and when they didn't see him, they made their way upstairs. Walking into the pitch black bedroom the both of them shook their heads. It was obvious that he hadn't left this spot in a while. The room was a mess and damn near destroyed from Chris's outbursts.

"So the rumors must be true huh?" Sinko asked.

"Why y'all here?" Chris asked while sitting up. He kept his back to them because he didn't want them to see how horrible he looked.

"Nigga, it's been two weeks and nobody could find you. We all been calling you, no response. So I called Mya and she didn't answer and that got me worried for real. I finally spoke with Kayla, she's in Miami with Mya, helping her find a place because y'all about to get a divorce. And to find out the reason is Nia was even crazier."

Chris took note about Mya being in Miami. "Save those speeches Hood. The same way you didn't wanna hear shit from me when you disrespected Kayla publicly, I don't wanna hear nothing from you."

Walking over to the curtains, Sinko pulled them back. When he turned around and looked at his friend who was now trying to light a cigarette, he damn near wanted to give him a hug. His hair was all over his head, his beard was grown in. He was pale and even looked thinner. As bad as Sinko wanted to voice his opinion about the situation, he decided against it.

"I got a call from Mark yesterday about being served the court papers for our divorce proceedings. Shit is crazy." Chris shook his head while running his hand over it. He didn't want to cry in front of them but just talking about it, broke him every time. "I can't take this, my body feel like somebody died."

Exhaling, Hoody sat on the couch in their sitting area. "Damn man."

"And I'm guessing she's trying to take my kids to Miami...that shit ain't happening."

"Nah, she's finding a place in LA. I think Calabasas." Hoody said hoping Chris relaxed a bit. "But Nia though? Man I've never seen you look at her being nothing more than a homie."

"She's manipulative. Damn near forced herself on me. Royalty saw us, and everything just went left after that."

"You don't think it's fair game?" Sinko asked, making Hoody and Chris look up at him.

"How?"

"Mya kissed somebody in the middle of a club."

"I think me having a threesome while she was pregnant with Landon and now this doesn't make it fair game. It makes it look like I can't control myself. I fucked up and I'm trying to just deal with this shit but it's hard."

"Sitting in this dark room not gone help."

"Nothing is going to help. I'd rather be in here by myself, nobody bothering me." Chris laid back down.

"What about going to Miami? You can see the kids. Mya ain't gotta know you there. Besides my birthday party is there and I'd really be disappointed if my brother not in attendance." Hoody said.

"The minute Mya find out I'm in Miami, that's yo ass and mine. I'll just wait to see them when they get home. School starts soon so they'll be back eventually."

"You really wanna wait that long though?"

"Nigga don't use my kids to get in my head."

"I'm not, I just think they'll be the pick me up that you may need."