Nine

Chapter Nine
Omniscient
Three Days Later

It was the day of Hoody's birthday party and everybody focused on getting ready besides Mya. Everybody tried to get her to go but she constantly declined. She sent Hoody a text earlier and a nice gift, to make up for her absence.

Even though she wasn't going, she played stylist for her sisters.

"Mariah you might as well not wear this skirt, ya big ass booty is all out the bottom." Mya said while fixing the denim Diesel skirt her sister had on.

"That's my biggest pet peeve with designer, they don't show out for the thick girls."

"Facts." Kayla said while fixing her hair.

"Y'all look so cute, ugh."

"You should be looking cute too, instead of like a grandma in that Walmart night gown."

"Shut up, I like my gown. It has pockets too." Mya twirled left and right, making her sisters laugh.

"Mya I know you don't want to go because of Chris but I think you need this night out. We got a section far away from them so you don't even have to stress over y'all sharing space. Since you filed for divorce, that's all you been focused on and as well as you're wearing your poker face, I know it's killing you." Mariah said.

"I wanna turn up with y'all and have a good time, but I just don't want to be in the same space as him. With us being in the public eye, everybody's going to see that something is wrong and it'll be on the blogs and that'll just be more mess that I don't need."

"Fuck the blogs and these obsessed ass people."

"Exactly." Kayla said. "But if you're really going through with this, the world is bound to find out."

Exhaling Mya sat down. "I hate this, so much."

"I know Pooh." Mariah sat next to her and hugged her. "But I do admire your strength. You could be a crying mess, but you're holding your head up high and it's amazing."

"It ain't easy, trust me."

"I know, but still your strength isn't going unnoticed."

"Thank you Riah." Mya smiled.

"Come on Mya...pleeeeaasse come with us." Kayla said. "I'll come work at the warehouse for free for a week."

"Now you got my attention."

"I bet I do."

"Y'all, I wanna go so bad."

"Then come! Stop making this difficult. Mama got the kids, we straight."

"Okay, but y'all gotta promise me something."

"Anything." Mariah said.

"Don't let me get drunk and end up with Chris. Y'all know when I get drunk and horny, he all I want so cut me off when I start doing too much."

"I'm definitely not letting you do that babe. Go get dressed."

Getting up from the bed, Mya went into her closet and started searching for something to put on. It took a while and a million outfit changes but she finally settled on something.