Chapter 39 A Scheming Plan

The day before the battle, Bella went to stay with Edward as the rest of the family was hunting. They had a romantic night, and Edward asked Bella to marry him. She told him no, “I'll marry you under one condition; we make love tonight.”

“Bella, I want to wait until we're married,” Edward explained.

Bella looked Edward dead in the eyes, “Well, I don't. It's either my way or not at all.”

Edward was torn. He wanted to marry Bella desperately, but he didn't want to defile her. But when Edward saw the determined look in his girlfriend's eyes, he reluctantly accepted.

“But only once, Bella. Are we agreed?”

Bella could barely contain her excitement and agreed. She knew that Edward didn't have any condoms, sure Bella was sure she would get pregnant. As they had sex, Bella imagined a beautiful little boy that looked like Edward, and her pregnancy would make the family forget all about Selene.

Edward lasted longer than Bella thought, and they had sex all night. When they finished, Eward went to the bathroom to get a washcloth to clean Bella. Bella took the opportunity to lift her legs and make sure that none of Edward's semen escaped. When Edward returned, he cleaned Bella and laid down next to her, and let her sleep. The thought never occurred to him that he could get Bella pregnant, so he put it out of his mind.

The rest of the morning, the couple cuddled in bed, then Bella took a shower. Even though Edward said they would only have sex once, he couldn't resist and join Bella in the shower. Bella was ecstatic; she knew the more times Edward gave in, the probability of her getting pregnant grew.

By the time the rest of the family got home, Bella and Edward were cuddled on the couch, but a tangible shift in their relationship could be felt. No one thought anything of it except for Selene and Leah. They knew what a conniving bitch Bella was doing, and that something had happened last night that made her look at Selene with a smug smile.

Leah and Selene looked at each other and went upstairs to Leah's room. When they walked by Edward's bedroom, they smelled the faint stench of sex. The sisters shuddered in disgust and closed Edward's door before Selene could vomit.

The sisters went into Leah's room and lay down on her bed. Leah looked at her sister, “You don't think Bella was stupid enough to want to get pregnant, do you?”

Selene leaned back and thought for a moment, “I wouldn't put it passed her. Have you noticed how jealous she gets when the baby is mentioned and how Emmett fawns over me?”

Leah rolled her eyes, “Yes, she is so petty and stupid.”

Selene agreed; the sisters decided they were not going to mention anything. Suppose the others figured it out; good for them. If not, oh well, it was none of their concern. But they didn't think it would take the others long to figure it out.

They decided that for Bella's safety, she and Edward would go camping in the mountains, and Embry would carry Bella to mask her scent. She initially wanted Jake to take her, but Jared told her no because he would be distracted not being with Tanya. She tried to convince Jared until Jacob finally told her he couldn't leave his imprint. Bella scowled at Tanya, who only smirked and finally agreed to let Embry carry her.

When they arrived at the campsite, Edward had already had dinner waiting for Bella, and Embry left to go back with the pack. Alice had told them there would be a storm, but it mysteriously veered off. Leah and Selene smirked at each other. Her Uncle Zeus was playing nice right now.

After Bella had dinner, she and Edward entered the large warm tent. They talked for a while and speculated about the battle the following day. Bella secretly hoped that Selene would get hurt and lose her baby and that Tanya would be killed. She didn't love Jacob, not by a long shot, but Bella missed his attention. She was so used to being the center of attention to the Cullen Family that Bella couldn't handle it being taken away from her.

As the night progressed, it got too hot in the tent, so Bella stripped in front of Edward. Edward couldn't handle the temptation and pounced on Bella. Bella smirked as she and Edward had sex again. She knew that if she weren't already pregnant, she soon would be.

The following day, The Cullens, the Denalis, Percy, and the Clearwater siblings stood in the field where Alice had seen the battle happen. Thanks to Bella leaving a trail of blood, the newborns would head straight for them. Emmett stood next to Selene and looked at her, “Are you and Percy going to change?”

Selene and Percy looked at each other and smirked. They concentrated, and their battle armor appeared. Selene took off her bracelet, which transformed into a trident, while Percy armed himself with Riptide and his shield. After a few tense minutes, Alice informed them that the Newborns were almost there. Leah shifted and stood between Percy and Seth.

The newborns entered the field following Bella's scent and were met head-on by the vampires, wolves, and two Demigods. It was a fierce battle, with Leah sticking close to Seth and Selene with Percy. The Demigod siblings worked together like a well-oiled machine. They covered eat other's backs, and fought with precision. Their moves complimented each other perfectly. Everyone could see they were no strangers to battle.

Still, Emmett worried about his mate and tried to keep an eye on her. He was so distracted that several newborns attacked Emmett. He escaped only with the help of Paul and Rosalie. Emmett nodded and raced after more newborn vampires.

Meanwhile, in the mountains, Victoria and Riley found Bella and Edward. Edward told Bella to hide while he and Brady faced off against the two vampires. Brady fought brilliantly against Riley and ripped him limb from limb, leaving Victoria to face Edward alone. The battle was brutal, but in the end, with Bella's help, Edward could kill Victoria.

Suddenly Edward glanced at Brady and told him to leave. Edward explained that he and Bella were needed back in the clearing. Alice saw a vision of the Volturi arriving to access the damage. When they arrived, Selene, Percy, and the pack had left. There was a brief conversation between the Volturi and the Cullens and Denalis about how it wasn't often that they were rendered useless.

“If you had arrived a few minutes earlier, you could have helped us; pity you were late,” Rosalie said.

Jane narrowed her eyes at Rosalie, “Yes, pity.”

That's when Jane noticed Bree Tanner and tortured her for information, but the girl had only limited knowledge about her creator, so Edward filled them in on what had happened. Satisfied with the answer, Jane had Felix dispose of the newborn vampire, and the Volturi returned to Italy.

As soon as the Volturi left, Emmett ran home to check on Selene. He tried to look after her during the battle, but he lost track of her. The only thing he knew was when Alice told them the Volturi were on their way, the wolves, Selene and Percy left to go back to the reservation. They couldn't take the chance that the Volturi would go to their home.

Emmett ran as fast as he could to La Push and Emily's house, where the pack, Percy, and the others were eating. They talked about how amazing they fought. Jared claimed that their help from Jasper had been a great help.

There was suddenly a frantic knock on the door, and Emily opened it. She smiled at Emmett, who had a worried look on his face. Emily pointed at Selene, and he rushed towards her. Placing a hand on her belly, Emmett asked if she was alright.

Selene cupped his face and kissed him sweetly on the lips, “I'm fine, Emmett.”

“And the baby?” Emmett asked.

“Right as rain, sweetie. Listen, you can hear how strong their heartbeat is.”

Emmett placed a hand on Selene's belly and felt the strong heartbeat of his child. He sighed in relief and hugged Selene to him. A few moments later, Rosalie and Tanya arrived to be with their mates. Since there were so many people there, Jared decided to throw a victory party, with Emily's permission, of course. The pack and the vampires celebrated into the night. Finally, Emmett carried his tired mate home.

While that was going on, Bella had gone to the local pharmacy to pick up several pregnancy tests. She went to the bathroom and took them. They all came out positive; she grinned in triumph. Bella knew that Eward would be upset, but she didn't care. All would love this baby, and all the attention Selene was getting would be forgotten.