Chapter 8 Lunch Date

Meanwhile, at the Cullen house, Emmett was in his room, trying to pick out what to wear. He wanted to make a good impression on Selene since the first one didn't go very well. But, he didn't want to look like he was trying too hard. Emmett stood in his closet, looking around; his head fell back in frustration. Emmett was about to yell for Alice when she comes dancing into his closet; she runs her hands down his wardrobe and picks out a pair of khaki pants, a striped long sleeve shirt, and a pair of white sneakers. Alice turned to look at Emmett, then picked a baseball cap.

“There now you look good, and it doesn't look like you're trying too hard,” Alice said

“Will she like it?”

Alice smiled, then shrugged, “Beats me, I can't see shifters, remember?”

“Right, shit, I wish you could. It would make my life much easier.”

“Why, Emmett?”

“I don't know if Selene is going to like me or not.”

“Emmett, Selene will love you. She might have a problem at first, but give her time and let her get to know the real you, and everything will be fine.”

“Thanks, Alice.”

“You're welcome, Em. Now, go shower and change before Selene gets here. It's almost noon. I'll see if Esme has lunch ready,” Alice said, then flounced out of Emmett's room.

Emmett took a deep breath to steady his nerves. He then went to his bathroom to take a shower and change. When Emmett got out of the shower, Emmett quickly dried off and got dressed. Looking at the clock, Emmett noticed that he only had five minutes until Selene arrived.

Emmett made his way downstairs and went into the kitchen, “Is everything ready?” He asked Esme.

“Yes, everything's ready, don't worry, Sweetheart.”

“Thanks, Mom.”

Esme hugged her son and kissed him on the cheek. At that moment, they heard a car turn off the road and make its way up their drive. Emmett held his breath in anticipation as he listened to his mate, getting closer and closer. He looked at his parents nervously, Carlisle put his hand on Emmett's shoulder.

“Why don't you meet her outside. That way, we don't overwhelm her.”

Emmett nodded and made his way outside. He watched from the porch as a silver Ranger Rover pulled up to the house. The Range Rover parked in front of the house then idled for a while. Emmett was beginning to wonder if Selene was going to leave when the engine finally turned off. A few minutes passed then the driver's door opened. Emmett's breath hitched when he saw his mate get out of the car.

When Selene pulled up to the Cullen house, she saw Emmett standing outside, parking the SUV, Selene stared at Emmett for a few minutes. ‘Damn, he's attractive,’ Selen thought. ‘I don't know if this is a good idea, maybe I should go.’