Chapter 24 A Visit From Dad

“Who are you,” Edward asked.

Poseidon smirked, “Judging by the look on your face, Edward, it would seem you're having a difficult time reading my thoughts as well. Besides, I thought it was obvious when I called Selene, my daughter, who I am.”

Poseidon glances at the wolves, “Hello, Leah, hello, Seth. Why don't the two of you escort Paul inside and get him some clothes? I'm sure he's dying to talk to me,” Leah and Seth led Paul back into the house where Alice had some clothes set out form the wolves. Paul takes the set of clothes in his mouth and goes to change.

While he was changing, Paul started thinking of the man that was outside. He could swear he had heard the voice before. Paul's eyes widen, and Paul pales. He suddenly remembered where he had heard the voice before. It was the voice in his vision that told him that he would suffer his pain for all eternity. Paul's hands start shaking, not in anger, but fear. It began to dawn on Paul that the god responsible for his punishment was Selene's father.

‘It would explain why mine and Sam's punishment was so severe. We insulted a god's daughter,’ Paul thought.

When Paul was dressed, he timidly followed Leah and Seth outside. If a god was there in person, he was there to deal out punishment, and his Rose was in danger of hurting Selene. Leah walked down the steps and stopped a few feet away from the god, she bowed, showing the proper respect, “Greeting, Lord Poseidon,” Leah said

Seth's eyes widen, he had read about Poseidon, the god of the sea. Seth couldn't believe he was in the presence of a god. Seth quickly followed Leah's example and bowed, “My lord, Poseidon,” Seth squeaked.

Poseidon smiled at his daughter's half-siblings, “You may rise, there is no need to be so formal, Seth and Leah. You are my daughter's family.”

The same could not be said for Paul. He instantly bowed when he felt the god's eyes on him, “My lord Poseidon,” Paul nervously answered.

Poseidon gave Paul a curt nod, “You may rise and join your imprint, Paul Lahote,” Poseidon decreed.

“Thank you, my lord,” Paul quickly made his way over to Rosalie and took her hand in his. Rosalie looked at him with concern in her eyes when she felt his hand trembling.

Poseidon's glare shifted towards Rosalie. He gave her a shark-like grin, “How are you enjoying my gifts, Rosalie?”

“Gifts?”

“Yes, the scar on your face and torso. Now you have a scar that matches how ugly you are on the inside,” Poseidon said with a smirk.

“You did this,” Rosalie asked.

“Of course, and you will carry those scars for the rest of eternity.”

Rosalie was about to lunge for Poseidon when Paul caught her arm, “Don't, Rose, you'll only make things worse,” Paul whispered in her ear.

“Very good, Paul, you learn quickly. For if she had come near me, your precious Rose would have broken her word that she has sworn on the River Styx and would have been taken straight to the Underworld. Where Hades would have thrown her in the depths of Tartarus.”

Edward looked between Rosalie and Poseidon and scoffed, “You can't believe that this man is Poseidon, the god of the sea.”

“Ah, the stupid one speaks. You know I've had enough of you. You insult my daughter; you insult me. You manipulate people's lives at a whim; you endanger the lives of others for the safety of a human who isn't worth it.”

“Bella is worth it to me!”

“Then be a man and protect her yourself.”

“I can't do it alone.”