Chapter 33 Bad News & Good News

Sue, Selene, and Leah sat in the kitchen, drinking tea and talking about the baby. Selene knew that she had to tell at least her mother and sister what Zeus had decreed, or else she was going to go insane without sharing the information with someone other than Percy and Sally. But Selene wasn't sure if she should tell Emmett just yet; she was going to have to ask her mother's advice for this.

Selene listened to make sure the boys were entertained before asking her mom and sister if they could go for a walk, “Of course, Honey, where would you like to go,” Sue asked.

“Down to First Beach.”

“Okay, let me take some snacks up to the boys, and then we can go,” Sue said.

“I'll help you, I need to tell Emmett where we're going, so he doesn't freak out.”

“I will not freak out!” Emmett yelled from upstairs.

Selene laughed and helped Sue with the tray of snacks and drinks she had for Seth and Percy. She walked into the room, and all three of them were sitting on the floor playing; Emmett looked up at his mate and smiled. Selene leaned down and kissed his lips, “Yes, you would, Emmett, and you know it.”

“Okay, fine, maybe I would freak out a little. Please be careful.”

“Of course, I'll be careful. We'll see you guys a bit later.”

“Okay,” Seth and Percy said without looking away from the screen.

Selene rolled her eyes, and she and Sue headed downstairs then left with Leah. The three women walked down to First Beach, where Selene took off her shoes and started walking along the beach with her mother and sister. They walked in silence for a while, with Sue glancing at her oldest daughter, “Is there something wrong, Sel?”

“It depends on how this pregnancy goes,” Selene said.

“What do you mean,” Leah asked.

“Zeus made a decree that if this child is a danger to demigods, it must be destroyed.”

Sue and Leah gasped, “He can't be serious.”

“He is, and there's nothing we can do about it.”

“Zeus would kill an innocent child,” Leah asked.

Sue and Selene deadpanned, “Zeus has wiped out civilizations on a whim. Of course, he would.”

“How can we stop him,” Sue asked.

“The only thing that will stop him is if this child is more demigod than a vampire,” Selene told her mother and sister.

“How are we going to tell,” Sue asked.

“Zeus said that if it were more vampire, it would make me weak, my pregnancy would proceed very rapidly. The baby would hurt me, and it would crave blood.”

“And if it isn't,” Leah asked.

“Then I'll have a healthy pregnancy, as any other woman would. I may give birth early, but there should be any complications.”

“And how are you feeling right now,” Sue asked.

“I feel good, Mom. I mean, I'm having morning sickness, but there hasn't been anything out of the ordinary.”

“Good.”

“Are you going to tell Emmett,” Leah asked.

“I have to, this is not something I can hide from him, but I wanted to tell you two first, this is going to kill him,” Selene said with a sigh.