Chapter 12 Discussion

When Selene arrived back in La Push, she went straight to Sam's house, where Sam was waiting for her. He was standing on the front porch with his arms crossed, “Selene, are you alright?”

“Yeah, Sammy, I'm fine. That bitch didn't do anything to me,” Selene smirked, “And if she thinks I'm some weakling, she's in for a rude awakening.”

Sam raised an eyebrow, “As long as she starts it first, Selene, you're not violating the treaty, they are.”

“You would take it out on all of Cullens, Sam?”

“Yes, if their coven leader can't control one of his members, then they're all a threat except for Emmett.”

“Well, I think Edward and Jasper are going to talk to Carlisle and tell him what happened. Let's see if he can do anything about it.”

“I hope he can, Selene, for their sake.”

“Me too. So when do you want me to patrol,” Selene asked.

“Tonight with Jared.”

Selene nodded, she then told Sam that she had a date with Emmett the following day, “That's fine, Sel, you can patrol after your date.”

“Thanks, Sammy.” After that, they went inside, and Selene said hello to Emily. Emily offered Selene a snack, which she gladly accepted.

“Hey, Sam, how did it go with Seth?”

“Fine, he was a little disappointed that he can't hang out with Brady and Collin anymore, but I told him it's for the best. I'm not going to let him go out on patrol just yet. I want him to concentrate on his studies. Though I will take him out once in a while to help him get used to phasing.”

Selene nodded, “I think that's a good idea. I'll keep my eye on him if you want, Sam.”

“Yeah, if you and Leah can do that, I'd appreciate that. Help him try to keep his temper in check.”

“Will do, Sammy. Well, I'm going to head home and check on Seth.”

“Okay, Sel, I'll see you later.”

“Okay, Sam,” Selene stood up and hugged Sam, she then hugged Emily then left.

She drove home and parked in front of the house. She got down and went inside, “Seth, are you home?”

“Yeah, Sel, I'm in my room.”

Selene went upstairs to check on her brother, “Hey, kiddo, how are you doing?”

“Good, a little depressed that I can't hang out with my friends anymore, but I understand where Sam's coming from; we need to keep this a secret.”

“Not only that, but you could lose control and hurt your friends.”

“Yeah, Sam told me. But you know what, I don't feel that angry like he said I would, only a little annoyed.”

“Good, maybe you'll get this phasing under control faster than the rest of us.”

“Did you have any problems?”

“No, my dad made me learn self-control. I used to be pissed off that he left me. I think he knew that I was a shifter and wanted me to know how to control my temper,” Selene lied. It was part of her training as a demigoddess.

Seth nodded, “So you're not mad at your dad anymore?”

“No, if he had you wouldn't be here, and the world would have been a darker place without you in it, Seth,” Selene told her baby brother, causing him to blush.