Chapter 19 Reaction

On Sunday, Bella and Edward returned from Jacksonville, to say that Edward was surprised to see Leah sitting in the kitchen eating a sandwich talking with Alice and Jasper. At the same time, Selene and Emmett cuddled on the loveseat watching a movie was an understatement.

“What's going on here?” Edward asked.

Selene and Emmett looked at Edward, “Nothing.”

“What are they doing here?”

“Well, as you can see, I'm eating a sandwich, and my sister is watching a movie with her boyfriend,” Leah said.

“Besides, can't you read minds, Edward? I thought you would have figured it out by now,” Selene said.

Edward's eyes widen as he focused on Emmett's thoughts, “You two live here now?!”

Emmett smiled and hugged Selene, “Yeah, isn't it great!”

“NO!”

Emmett growled low in his chest, “Why not?”

“Wolves are dangerous,” Edward said.

Selene and Leah looked at each other when Leah came into the living room and laughed, “To who,” They said at the same time.

“To Bella, especially Leah.”

Leah gave her sister an incredulous look, “I'm sorry do you know me? I don't think you and I have ever met.”

“I don't have to know you, I've read Jacob's mind, and you don't like Bella.”

Leah scoffed, “Nobody likes Bella, dude.”

Emmett snorted, and Edward glared at his brother, “But you especially have something against her,” Edward said.

“Oh, no, why would I have something against her? Just because of her, our dad was in the woods hunting the wolves, was attacked by that crazy red-haired bitch, and had a heart attack and died? Why would I have anything against her?” Leah asked sarcastically.

“But instead of going off what you saw in Jacob's mind why don't you read mine,” Leah said.

“I've been trying to for the last five minutes, and I can't get anything as I can't with your sister,” Edward said.

“Huh? Must be a Clearwater thing.” Leah said and smirked at her sister, and Selene grinned at her. Emmett and the others looked between the two sisters, confused.

“Either way, I don't want you here.”

“Well, isn't that just tough shit, Eddie. Leah and Selene live here now,” Emmett said.

“We'll see-”

“There's nothing to see, Edward, I decided that the girls can live here and everyone agreed, you've been outvoted. You're going to have to get used to it. Selene and Leah are not a threat to Bella. Isn't that right, girls,” Carlisle said as he came down the stairs.

“Of course not, Carlisle. We may not like her, but that doesn't mean we're going to hurt her,” Selene said, and Leah nodded.

Edward gave the Clearwater girls a doubtful look.

“And just because you can't you read our minds, Eddie Boy doesn't make it any less true,” Leah said.

Edward huffed and went upstairs to unpack and then went hunting by himself.

Jasper looked at Leah and Selene, “How are you blocking Edward from reading your minds.”

Selene and Leah looked at each other, “Trade secrets, my son,” Selene said with a wink.