Chapter 35 Sparring in the Woods.

After the last guest had left and the cleaning crew cleaned the house, Selene and Emmett went to bed. Selene went to the bathroom to get ready for bed and came out wearing one of Emmett's t-shirts. Emmett was already lying in bed waiting for her, “You know, Babe, you and Percy don't have to get involved in this.”

Selene got underneath the covers and snuggled with Emmett, “Of course we do, Emmett. This fight is not something that we can sit out; it goes against our training. Besides, you're going to need all the help you can get.”

“But, Sel, you and Percy could get killed.”

“It's part of being a demigod, Em. Percy and I know the risks, but this is something we have to do. It's who we are, and there's nothing you can say that will make us change our minds.”

“What about the baby? You would risk the life of our child?”

Selene cupped Emmett's face, “Nothing is going to happen, Baby. Percy and I have survived worse than this. If what Jasper said is true, this doesn't compare to what we've already been through.”

Emmett pulled Selene into his arms, “I can't lose you, Babe. I don't know what I would do if you got hurt.”

“You're not going to lose me, I promise.”

“Are you sure I can't convince you to stay out of this?”

“No, you can't.”

Emmett sighed, “I didn't think so.”

Emmett kissed the top of Selene's head as she settled further into Emmett's embrace. She closed her eyes and fell asleep. The next day, Selene woke up bright and early so that she could get ready to head out to the clearing where Jasper had chosen to train. Emmett had already left to get started on breakfast. Selene got out of bed and went into the closet and took out her training gear from that she used at camp Half-Blood and set it out so that she could change after breakfast. Selene made her way upstairs and went into the kitchen, where Emmett helped Esme and Leah make breakfast.

“Good morning, McGruff,” Selene said to her sister.

Leah turned around and smiled at her sister, “Morning, Ursula.”

Percy, sitting at the kitchen table with Paul, stared at his sister and Leah, confused. Then his eyes lit up, “McGruff the Crime Dog?”

“Yep.”

“And Ursula from the Little Mermaid?”

Leah looked at Percy and smirked, “Yep.”

Paul suddenly started laughing, “Is that what you guys have been doing this whole time? Calling each other fish and dog nicknames?”

“Yep,” Both girls said at the same time.

Everyone in the room started laughing. Paul was laughing so hard he nearly fell out of his seat. “Oh my gods, I can't believe I never made the connection before,” Paul said.

“Of course you didn't; how often did you hear us say that with the pack around,” Selene asked.

“Enough that it should have been a clue.”

“Well, you're not that bright, Paul,” Leah said.

“Hey!”

“What? You know it's true.”

“Whatever.”

“Alright, enough of that. Breakfast is ready,” Esme told her new children.

Selene and Leah sat down at the kitchen table with Percy and Paul while Emmett and Esme placed everything on the table. Selene served herself some scrambled eggs, bacon, waffles, and oatmeal. Emmett smiled at seeing that her appetite had returned, “I see you woke up hungry.”