Chapter 9 La Push

When Selene got home, she went upstairs to change and remove her makeup. She changed into a pair of yoga pants, a grey top, and her Nike shoes. Selene put her hair up in a messy bun then went downstairs. She found Leah in the kitchen eating ice cream. Leah looked up and greeted her sister, “Hey Ariel, how did your date go?”

 Leah looked up and greeted her sister, “Hey Ariel, how did your date go?”

“Hey, Balto, it went well, his mother made me lunch we talked for a bit. Emmett told me how he was changed, that his blonde bitch saved him from being mauled to death by a bear.”

“Ouch.”

“Yeah. Things soured a little bit when the trouble magnet showed up.”

“Oh, Bella?”

“Yeah, but I did get a kick out of watching Edward have a shit attack that he couldn't read my mind. He had a constipated look on his face from the effort.”

Leah laughed, “I wish I could have seen that. What else happened?”

“We went down to Emmett's room and watched a few movies; then I came home. Oh, he wants to see me tomorrow here on the Rez.”

Leah almost choked on the ice cream she had in her mouth, “The bloodsucker is coming here? What about the treaty?”

“The Elders said that since Emmett's my imprint, he's to be given every courtesy of any other imprint as long as he doesn't hunt on our lands.”

“Oh, I bet that went over well with Sam.”

“He's the one who told me. Sam thinks it's only fair; tonight, he's going to talk to the others and tell them that Emmett is not to be touched. He's going to make sure Paul understands most of all. The pack has to learn to accept that this is the way it is.”

“Do you think there's going to be any problems,” Leah asked.

“From Sam and Jared, no. Jacob and Paul most likely and Embry and Quil will follow Jake. But I trust Sam to keep them in line.”

Leah cocked her head to the side, “So then, you're starting to care about your imprint?”

Selene sighed, “It's complicated; I feel something for Emmett, and the more time I spend with him, the stronger it's getting. He's not what I expected. Emmett's very sweet, a little childish, but very charming.”

“Let's not forget attractive, Sel.”

Selene gave Leah an odd look, “Hey, just because he's the enemy doesn't mean I didn't notice his looks.”

“Yeah, you're right, Leah, he is handsome.”

“So, I guess shopping is off for tomorrow?”

“I hope you don't mind.”

“No, not at all, you are connecting with your imprint, that's more important,” Leah told her sister.

“We can go next weekend, though, make a weekend of it.”