Chapter 15 Banishment

The wolves ended up helping Paul get to Emily's house. She opened the door and gasped at seeing Paul covered from head to toe in blood. His throat had bite marks on it, and it was bleeding profusely, “What happened, was Paul attacked by a vampire?”

Sam ignored her for now and laid Paul down on the sofa. “Emily get the first aid kit. We need to put pressure on the wound until Paul's natural healing kicks in.”

“I'll tell you happened, your psycho cousin attacked Paul and tried to kill him!” Jake said.

“Selene did this?”

“Now wait a minute, we all heard what Paul said, he was going to kill Emmett so that he could have Selene to himself, who's the psycho here, Jake?” Jared said. “Selene was only defending her imprint.”

“Yeah, what if Paul had gone after your precious Bella, Jake?” Leah said.

“He did, and he apologized.” Jake defended.

“That was different, he wanted to scare her, and she's not your imprint no matter how much you wish Bella were. Paul was going to KILL Emmett. He was going against our most sacred law, Jake, and you know it,” Leah added.

“Selene's been nothing but trouble since she joined the pack, she needs to be kicked out,” Jake said.

“What?! If anyone needs to be kicked out, it's Paul. He's the one who started this in the first place.”

Sam sat there and listened to the pack, argue back and forth. He had to do something. If not, the pack was going to be torn apart. As Sam watched Emily treat Paul's wound, Sam realized he had no other choice, “Jake's right, we need to banish Selene from the pack.”

Leah and Jared stared at Sam incredulously, “You can't be serious, Selene was only defending her imprint.”

“It isn't just that, Jared, Selene openly challenged me. She refused to back down when I told her to. If it hadn't been for Leah, Paul would be dead. I can't have someone who doesn't obey in the pack.”

“Paul never listens to you!” Leah yelled.

“But he's never challenged me. Selene is a danger to my status as Alpha. I can't afford to have her in the pack.”

“Selene would rather take a bullet to the head than be Alpha,” Leah said, Then she sighed, “But fine you want her out then do it. But I'm telling you now, Sam, it's going to be the biggest mistake you ever make.”

With that, Leah took off out of Emily's house and headed home. She didn't find Selene there, but Leah knew that Selene would be down at First Beach, healing from her wounds. Sure enough, when Leah got there, Selene was surrounded by a curtain of seawater that glowed slightly. This was the first time that Leah had ever seen Selene use the ocean to heal her wounds. She stood there in awe as Leah watched the whole procedure.

Just then, out in the ocean, the water rippled, and a man came walking out of the water, he did not look pleased. Leah instantly recognized Poseidon, the god of the sea. She had never seen him before, but he and Selene had the same color eyes.

When the water fell away from Selene, Poseidon called out to his daughter, “Selene! What happened, you're hurt.”

“How did you know?”

“Not only did a shark tell me he tasted royal blood in the water, but I felt it. Who hurt you?”

“I got into a fight with Paul Lahote.”

“That little shit that used to call you a fatherless half-breed?!”

“That's the one.”

“Over what?”