Chapter 10 First Phase

Selene and Emmett ran into the woods, looking for Seth. Selene told Emmett to wait for a minute while she went further into the woods to shift into her wolf form. She shook out her fur and came back to Emmett. He smiled at the sight of the white wolf; Emmett ran his fingers through Selene's white coat. She licked his hand and carefully tugged on his sleeve so that he would follow her.

“Okay, Sel, lead the way.”

Selene took off, running towards the sound of the distressed wolf. She and Emmett burst through the woods into a clearing where they found Seth, whimpering and looking around confused. Selene walked slowly towards him, *Seth, it's okay, I'm here.*

*Sel, is that you,* Seth asked as he stared at the white wolf in front of him. Seth stared into the white wolf's green eyes and realized that it was Selene.

*Selene! What happened, why am I a wolf?! Help me!*

*It's okay, sweetie; you're going to be okay. I'm going to help you change back, okay?* Selene said, then bumped her head against Seth's to calm him down.

Emmett stood back and watched the siblings interact; he thought it was the cutest thing seeing his mate comfort her younger brother. At that moment, he heard the sound of pounding paws and realized that the rest of the pack were on their way as well.

*Selene, who is it? Who phased?* Sam asked.

*It's Seth, Sam.*

*Sam? Is that Sam Uley? He's a wolf too?* Seth asked.

*Yes, Seth, Sam's a wolf, so is Jared, Paul, Embry, Jake, Leah, and Quil.*

*Sel, I don't get it, why are we wolves?*

*Sam will explain everything, cub, don't worry. Leah, go home and bring Seth a change of clothes, please.*

*Already got them, Sel, I'll be there in a minute. Where's Emmett?*

*He's here with us.*

*You let that leech near Seth, are you out of your fucking mind?!* Paul said.

*Back off, Asshole, my imprint isn't going to hurt Seth.*

*You idiot, he's probably the reason Seth phased in the first place!* Paul said.

*Seth was going to phase anyway, don't you dare blame Emmett.*

Suddenly, Leah burst through the trees and padded up to her siblings. She rubbed her head against Seth the way Selene had done earlier, *It's going to be okay, Seth. Selene and I will help you phase back then Sam will explain what's going on, okay?*

Seth whimpered and looked between his sisters, *Okay. What do I do?*

Selene and Leah explained to Seth how to phase back into a human. All he needed to do was relax, take a deep breath, and imagine himself shifting back into a human. Seth picked up the clothes that Leah had brought him and went into the woods, five minutes later, Seth came out as a human again. He smiled at his sisters and sighed.

“Thanks, you guys, I thought I was going to be stuck like that forever.”

Selene licked his face, “Ew, Selene, that's gross!”

Selene, Leah, and Emmett snickered, then Leah and Selene went into the woods to shift back. Once they were human again, they went back to Seth and Emmett, who was explaining to Seth that he was a vampire and that he's probably the reason that Seth phased.

Selene and Leah looked at each other, worried. They didn't know how Seth was going to react to the news, but to their surprise, Seth took it very well. He thought it was cool that Emmett was a vampire. Seth wasn't afraid of Emmett at all.

A few minutes later, Sam and the others burst through the trees in their human forms. Sam saw that Seth had phased back into a human and nodded, “Good work, Sel and Leah. Seth, are you okay?”

“Yeah, Sam, Emmett was telling me that it was probably his fault that I phased since he's the first vampire I've ever come into contact with.”

Sam nodded, he walked over to Emmett and offered his hand, “We haven't been formally introduced, I'm Sam Uley.”

“Emmett Cullen. It's nice to meet you, Sam. Thank you for letting me on the reservation.”

“It's nice to meet you too, Emmett, and you're welcome.”

Paul looked between Sam and Emmett; he couldn't believe that Sam was kind to this bloodsucker. Paul had enough when Jared and Quil introduced themselves to Emmett as well, “What the fuck kind of bullshit is this?! He's our enemy, and you guys are treating this bloodsucker like he's an old friend!”

“I told you, Paul, that Emmett was welcomed on the reservation since he's Selene's imprint,” Sam said.

“Then run him and his vampire whore off!” Paul screamed.

Emmett's head snapped towards Paul, “What did you call my mate?”

“You heard me, Leech, I called her a vampire whore.”

Emmett growled deep in his chest; he was about to lunge for Paul when a smaller wolf suddenly attacked Paul. In his anger at hearing his sister insulted, Seth burst from his skin and shifted back into a wolf and lunged at Paul. Paul instantly phased and was about to fight Seth when Sam's black wolf jumped in between both Paul and Seth and attacked Paul. They fought ferociously, and Sam ended up tearing up Paul apart to the point of leaving him bleeding and limping. Sam stood over Paul growling until Paul cowed.

*I told you, Paul, if you started anything, you would answer to me. Now quit your shit. Selene is part of this pack, and she'll remain here. Face it, Emmett is her imprint. She's never going to love you; you're not meant to be together. Now drop it!*

Paul whimpered and limped away. Sam turned to Seth and walked over to him, *I'm proud of you, cub, for defending your sister, but that was foolish. Paul could have seriously injured you.*

*I couldn't help it, Sam. I couldn't let him insult my sister and drive her away.*

*I know, Seth. Come on, let's go back to Emily's house, and I'll answer any questions you might have.*

*Okay, Sam.* Seth told his Alpha

Seth turns to his sister and walks over to Selene. He stands in front of her, then suddenly licks her face.

Ew, Seth, that's gross!

Seth gives a wolfish laugh then he leaves with Sam. Leah laughs at her sister, “Well, I guess I'll go home and get some more clothes for Seth. I'll see you guys later.”

With that, Leah and the rest of the pack leave Emmett and Selene alone in the woods.

Emmett looks down at his mate, “Well, that was an interesting turn of events.”

“Yeah, it was. Thank you for not attacking Paul.”

“You're welcome, but the only reason I didn't was that Seth beat me to it.”

“I'm glad that he did, I would hate to see what the other wolves would have done if you had done anything.”

Emmett smirked down at Selene and pulled her into his arms, “Does that mean you're starting to care about me.”

Selene put her hand on Emmett's chest, “A little bit.”

“I'll take it,” Emmett said, then lowered his and kissed Selene.

Selene kissed Emmett back then pulled away, “Why don't I show you the rest of La Push?”

Emmett smiled down at his mate, “I'd like that very much.”

Selene took Emmett by the hand, and they made their way out of the woods so that Selene could show Emmett the rest of the reservation.