Chapter 32 Grandma

Leah was the first one to slam into her sister and hug her fiercely, "You're going to be a mom, I can't believe it! I'm going to be an aunt!" Leah said with a laugh.

She then let go of her sister and hugged Emmett, "Congratulations, I'm so happy for you both!"

Emmett hugged Leah back, "Thank you, Leah, that means so much to us."

Percy hugged his sister, "Congratulations, again, Sel, I'm happy for you. I promise I won't let anything happen to my little nephew or niece."

"Thank you, Perce, that means so much to me."

Percy smiled then shook, Emmett's hand, "Be good to my sister, Emmett."

"You know it, Percy. I'll do whatever it takes to protect my family."

After Percy stepped aside, Alice came towards Selene and hugged her and squealed, "There's going to be a baby in the house! I can't wait!" Alice gasped, "There are so many things we have to buy to get ready for the baby, Selene, and only nine months to do it in!" Alice exclaimed.

Jasper was next to congratulated the happy couple, then Carlisle and Esme, they all said how happy they were for Selene and Emmett. Rosalie sat on the couch with her head on Paul's shoulder. The one thing she had always wanted and Emmett was going to get it. Rosalie couldn't help but feel happy and jealous of Emmett and Selene. She took a deep breath and stood up, "Congratulations, Selene, I know you'll make a wonderful mother," Rosalie said and hugged Selene quickly.

Then she moved on to Emmett, "Congratulations, Em. I'm truly happy for you; I'm sure you'll make a great dad."

"You think so, Rose?"

"I know so, Em."

"Thank you, Rosalie."

"You're welcome, Emmett."

With that, Rosalie and Paul left the house so that Rosalie could grieve in peace. Selene and Emmett looked at each other, feeling guilty that they had something that Rosalie had wanted her entire life but could never have. And at that moment, Selene vowed to ask Hera if she would consider blessing Rosalie with a baby. Selene had no intention of telling Rosalie, because who knows if Hera would do it?

Selene was pulled out of her thoughts by Leah, "What did you say, Leah?"

"I said, when are you going to tell Mom?" Leah asked.

"Tomorrow, I'm kind of tired."

The minute those words were out of Selene's mouth, Emmett swept her up into his arms and was moving towards their bedroom, "Emmett, put me down, I can walk just fine," Selene told him.

"Nope, I don't want to take any chances of your passing out," Emmett tells his mate.

"I have to get Percy settled in!"

Emmett put Selene down on the bed, "I'll do it, Babe, don't worry. I'll take care of everything," Emmett said and leaning down and kissing Selene.

Emmett turned and walked out of the room and goes back upstairs, "Sorry, guys," Emmett told everyone.

Leah rolled her eyes, "Emmett, Selene is not an invalid; she's only pregnant."

"I know, but I want to take care of her."

Carlisle walked up to Emmett and put his hand on Emmett's shoulder, "We understand, Son. Only don't go overboard."

"I'll try not to. So, Percy, let me show you to your room."

"And while you do that, I'll get dinner started," Esme said, "Percy, would you like a snack before dinner?"

"No, thank you, Esme. I'd like to take a little nap too. I think the jet lag is catching up with me."