Chapter 21 Unlikely Imprint

Emmett, Selene, and Leah got home and went inside. Carlisle was in the process of assigning shifts to everyone when they walked in, “Emmett, you and Alice will be watching Bella's house this evening. Quil and Embry will relieve them the following night. We don't have to worry about the day time. The children will watch Bella during the day. And Chief Swan will be at work,” Carlisle explained.

Emmett and the girls nod, “Oh Carlisle, would it be okay if Seth comes over and spend some time with us. Quil and Embry said that he's furious that Sam banished me, and Leah left with me. I think he needs to spend a little time with us.”

“No, Selene that's fine, this is your house too, invite whomever you want.”

“Thank you, Carlisle. I'm going to go call my mom right now.”

Selene went downstairs to hers and Emmett's room and laid down on their bed, while Leah went to watch TV in her room. Emmett came in and laid down behind Selene while Selene called her mom, “Hello?”

“Hey, Mom!”

“Hi, Sue!” Emmett said loud enough for Sue to hear.

Sue laughed, “Hi, Emmett.” She said, knowing that the vampire could hear her.

“Selene, how are you and Leah, Baby?”

“We're doing very well, Mom, thank you. How are you and Seth?”

Sue sighed, “As well as could be expected, Sel. Seth is always angry, mostly with Sam and Paul. He's having a hard time controlling his phasing. Seth misses you and Leah, and he blames Sam and Paul for breaking up his family.”

“Rightly so. But Seth has to control himself, or he could hurt you.”

Suddenly, Emmett brightens, “Sel; he can fight with me if he wants and get out some of his aggression.”

Selene shook her head, “I don't think that's a good idea, Sweetie.”

“What?” Sue asked.

“Emmett thinks that if Seth fights with him, it will get out his aggression, but I don't think it's a good idea.”

“Why I can handle a Grizzly Bear,” Emmett whined.

“Because, Baby, wolves are made to kill vampires. Seth's teeth could do more damage than a bear's. And I don't think I could handle him hurting you on accident.”

“She's right, Emmett.” Sue said when Selene put the phone on speaker, “It's too risky.”

Emmett pouted for a minute, then brightened again, “I could teach Seth how to hunt! I know when I'm mad, hunting helps me.”

Selene and Sue were quiet for a minute, “I think that could help a bit and add that to spending some time with Leah and me. Seth will calm down.”

“I think so too.”

“Great! Jasper and I can take him camping when we go hunting! Then we'll teach him to hunt deer,” Emmett said excitedly, “Let me go ask Jasper if that's okay with him.”

Emmett disappeared and came back just as quickly, “Jas agreed. We can take Seth in two days.”

“Good, I'll let Seth and Jared know.”

“Okay, Mom, if you want, I'll go pick up Seth the day before the guys leave to hunt so he can spend the day with Leah and me.”

“That would be great, Sel, he misses you and Leah so much.”

“Alright, see you then, Mom.”

With that, Selene hung up and rolled over on her back to look up at Emmett. She smiled up at him and kissed his chin, “Thank you, Baby, for doing this. It'll help Seth a lot to get his aggression out.”