Chapter 3 Joining the Pack

The next day, Selene woke up early. She grabbed her toiletries and went to take a shower. After her shower, Selene went back to her room to get dressed and get ready for the day. Once Selene was dressed, she went downstairs to start breakfast for her family. Selene decided to make waffles, eggs, bacon, sausage, and some oatmeal for breakfast. Leah had told her that since she had phased, her appetite had increased. And if Seth was going to phase soon, his hunger should have increased as well.

By the time Sue and Seth came downstairs, breakfast was ready. Seth smiled at his older sister as she set his breakfast in front of him, "Thanks, Sel," Seth said.

"You're welcome, Seth, what would you like to drink, juice or coffee?"

"Both."

Selene served him his coffee and juice then served her mother her breakfast as well, "Thank you, Selene."

"You're welcome, Mom. Is Leah going to be up soon?"

"Yeah, she got in a little late, but she'll smell the food here in a bit and come downstairs."

Sure enough, Leah comes bounding downstairs already dressed for the day in shorts and a tank top.

"Hey, Fish Brains, did you make breakfast?"

"Yes, Fenrir, I did."

Leah looked at her sister oddly, then her eyes widen, right, Fenrir, Norse Mythology for a giant wolf. She scowled at her sister. Seth looked between his sisters confused; he knew that Leah had always called Selene Fish Brains, but Fenrir was new. He was about to ask why Selene called Leah that when Selene set the syrup down in front of him and sat down with her breakfast, "Let's eat."

Selene didn't have to tell Seth twice; he poured the syrup over his waffles and started eating. As they ate in companionable silence, when they finished, Selene and Leah volunteered to take Seth to school while Sue was going to see the Elders. The Elders had told her the day before that they wanted to talk to her about Harry's place on the Council. Sue thought that since she was going, she might as tell them about Selene and Leah's plan. Before they left, Sue pulled Selene aside.

"I'm going to go talk to the Elders right now. Would it be alright if I tell them what you and Leah are going to do?"

"Yeah, of course, Mom. I seriously doubt they would object to having me part of the pack."

"I think you're right, but just in case, why don't you and Leah wait for a bit before talking to Sam. I'll call you after I talk to them."

"Okay, Mom."

Sue cupped her eldest daughter's face, "I'm glad you're back safely."

"Me too, Mom."

With that, Sue and Selene left, they took Seth to school in Selene's Land Rover while Sue drives down to Billy's house. They arrived at Seth's school, and he quickly jumped out, he waved goodbye to his sisters and went to hang out with his friends. Selene pulled out of the parking lot and went back to the house, "I thought we were going to go talk to Sam," Leah asked.

 Selene pulled out of the parking lot and went back to the house, "I thought we were going to go talk to Sam," Leah asked