The red tyrant ch 8. Shopping date with Deuce

The Braincell team worked together to prepare chestnuts for the apology tart, the soon finished this task.

There! Finally got 'em all pureed! Ace shouted in victory. Deuce on the other hand was rubbing his sore arms, while y/n comforted him. "My arm is killing me..." Deuce whines. "There There Deucey." Y/n coos rubbing his arm. "Nice work. It'll be all the sweeter for your pain!" Trey encourages Deuce with a pat on his back. "That doesn't help at all Trey." Y/n says still rubbing Deuce's arm.

Grim sniffs the air gleefully. "The smell alone already has me droolin'..." He said while drooling waterfalls all over the floor. "Grim, you're getting the floor wet!" Y/n yells, snatching the cat off the floor to interrupting his thoughts. Grim yelp in surprise but quickly calmed down after y/n held him steady.

"I just need to add butter and sugar to the chestnut paste, and a sensible splash of my secret ingredient - Oyster sauce!" Yrey says happily. Y/n stopped for a moment and did a slow turn, she gave Trey a confused blank stare.

"WHAT!?"

Everyone gave Trey a look of disbelief. Y/n especially couldn't believe what she just heard. Y/n hopes he is just joking. "What on Beyoncé internet did I just hear?" Y/n asks in utter disgust. "Who's Beyonce?" Grim mutters.

"Oyster sauce?!" Ace and shouts in confusion. Trey smiles "Yep. The umami of the oysters gives the cream a deep, savory flavor. I use this one here: Walrus-brand Young Oyster Sauce.

All the best bakers use it in their tarts."

"Really? But isn't oyster sauce like, super salty?" Deuce comments, he went into deep thought believing trey's words "Some folks put chocolate into curry, don't they? Maybe it's the same idea." Ace adds agreeing with Deuce.

Y/n gave Trey a skeptical look. 'I might not be a world class chef like Tiana but I know damn well you don't put Oyster sauce in tarts!' She thought while looking at him. She puts her hands on her hips, not believing Trey.

Trey suddenly Burst out in laughter, startling the two freshman. Y/n continued to look unamused. "Ah ha ha ha! I'm totally lying! No one in their right mind would put oyster sauce into a pastry."

"What?! So you were just yankin' our chain?" Ace asked angrily. "Of course he was lying Ace. You don't put something like that in sweets." Y/n points out still looking unamused.

"Ah ha ha! I mean, if you'd used your brain, you'd have realized how ridiculous it was! Y/n was the only one who did that. Let that be a lesson to you. Be like Miss Y/n and Don't believe everything you hear." Trey says while still laughing. Y/n whipped her head towards hand crosses her arms.

"Trey that wasn't all that funny, you made poor Ace look Dumber than he already is." Y/n said with disappointment in her tone. Ace looked offended while Trey looked dejected. "Sorry, I guess I was only trying to make you laugh." He apologized, scratching his cheek nervously. "It's Fine Trey Bae just don't be mean with jokes." Y/n said while putting a hand on his shoulder. "Feh. And here I thought that human was actually somewhat decent." Grim said crossing his arms. Y/n looked at grim confused. 'he actually believed him? He's Dumber than I thought.'

Trey clear his throat before getting back on topic "Next, I'll put in the cream... Oh!" Trey stopped immediately, everyone looked Confused. "What's wrong?" Ace asked. "You guys gathered so many chestnuts that we may have overdone it with the chestnut paste. I don't think we have enough cream to mix in." Trey said in a deadpan tone, while shaking his head.

"Then I'll go buy some. Do they sell it at the school store?" Deuce asked. Trey nodded appreciatively. "They sell pretty much everything, so... probably. Can I have you pick me up a few other things? I need two cartons of milk, two packs of eggs, some muffin cups, five cans of fruit..." Trey listed the many things he needed before handing Deuce the money.