The Beast King ch8(fliller). Jack Side Quest

Warning: You're litteraly not getting any screen time. Every main character's nightmare.

While y/n was meeting a mystery man. Ruggie was making his way to Leona's room with a tray of food in his hand. The Hyena opens the door to see a lazy lion in his bed while gazing into the night.

"You must be tired, Leona. I've brought you dinner. And on the way, I got a little "work" done." He said while snickering. Leona turned his attention to the Hyena boy.. "Always there when I need ya, Ruggie." He nonchalantly says. Ruggie playfully bows as he hands Leona his food. "Oh, it's a pleasure to be of service to you, Housewarden." He responds. Leona quirked a brow at him. "You always say that, don't you? Even though you're really doing this for yourself."

Ruggie Dramatically gasps and puts a hand over his heart. "Perish the thought, Leona! It's a pleasure to be of service to OUR cause. All of us want to turn the world upside down. That's precisely why the hyenas joined hands with the King of Beasts in the first place—to improve their lot in life forevermore. I'm pretty much doing the same thing." He states with a smirk. Leona rolls hie eyes. "Then make sure you're careful on your "hunts." Don't leave any evidence behind." He lazily warns.

Shyeheehee! You should know how hyenas work. We pick our prey clean to the bone. Incidentally, Leona—any thoughts as to who my next target should be?" Ruggie asks. Leona hummed in thought. "I've got an idea. How about a little wolf who likes to eavesdrop?" Leona sarcastically suggested as he pointed towards his door.  Huh?" Ruggie turns around but didn't see anyone. Leona glared harder at the entrance. "I know you're there, frosh. No use hiding." Leona called out.

The door creaked open to reveal a white haired wolf boy, it was obviously Jack spying on his housewarden and vice housewarden. Leona gave Jack a blank stare. "And what are YOU doin' up so late? Need someone to sing you a lullaby?" He mocked. Ruggie let out a laugh "Maybe I'll give it a shot! Shyeheehee!" He joked.

Jack gave Leona a blank stare, he was definitely standing on business. "I want to know why. Why are you two doing this?" He questioned firmly. Leona blink lazily as he sat up and put his arm over his knee. "Huh. So it's a bedtime story you're after. All right, I got one for you." He says. Jack stood there listening intently.

"We went up against Malleus's Diasomnia team in round one of the tournament two years running. We were eliminated both times. We got a wall fulla championship trophies, but they ran circles around us like we were still in diapers. And that disgrace was broadcast to the entire world. I looked like an incompetent moron. And now the pro league recruiters, well, they pass right by Savanaclaw." Leona explains Anger and resentment on his face.

Jack frowns at Leona's explanation. "But that's because we weren't good enough!" He responds. The lion man scoffed. "You're right about that. Last year, you could certainly say that we didn't give the tournament our all. Only a total moron would have thought we could win. But that's how naïve we were. We never even came up with a plan or nothin'. And we've got the nerve to claim Savanaclaw honors the tenacity of the King of Beasts! What a joke."  Jack clenched his fist. "But that's exactly why acting like cowards and cutting down our opponents is so wrong!"  He Countered.

Leon finally gets out of bed and walks over to Jack staring straight in the eyes. He tilts his head as to question Jack. ""Wrong," you say? Jack, who do you think I'm doing this for? I'm thinkin' about you and your dormmates here! This is about crushing Malleus and restoring Savanaclaw's reputation! The headmage said if we don't win this year, Malleus is getting inducted into the hall of fame. That means this is our last chance to beat him. And you're gonna throw it away over...what? Some moral superiority complex?" He said in annoyance.

Jack was taken aback by his housewarden words; he blinked in disbelief. "But... I…" he stutters but Leona interrupts his train of thought. The lion steps back giving the wolf a little space "Using your wits to corner your prey is part of the hunt. There's nothing cowardly about it." He states. Ruggie shrugged and laughed. "Shyeheehee! Night Raven operates on the survival of the fittest. Nice guys don't last long here." He says with a smug smile.

"But Housewarden, if you got serious about playing, we could actually be a threat to Diasomnia! I saw the way you played three years ago! I'll never forget it!" Jack exclaimed, trying to convince leona. Leonagave the first year a sharp glare. "What do YOU know about ANYTHING, frosh?! You want me to "get serious about playing"? Hah! Now you're the one who's naïve. It wouldn't change a thing. Get outta my sight." He growled.

Jack was silently glaring at Leona before leaving the room, leaving Leona and Ruggie by themselves. Ruggie looked at Leona a bit concerned. "That boy could be a problem. You want me to take care of him?" He asked. The Housewarden shook his head. "No. Don't. Even if he goes and blabs it all to Crowley, he ain't got a shred of proof. And besides, that'd be a terrible waste of talent. Just make sure you keep an eye on him." He Commanded. The Hyena nodded. "Understood." He said before exiting his Dormleader's room.

"Oh By the way Ruggie, you can target anyone you want…but Leave Kitten and her useless pet alone." Leona says. The Hyena nods once more before leaving. After Ruggie shuts the door behind him Leona lays in his bed. The lion scoffed. "Tch. Stupid frosh... Talkin' like he's better than me."

"𝐇𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐞 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐝"

🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺
Jack was laying in his bed processing the information he just learned. He knew that he couldn't tell Crowley without proof. He Didn't want to get involved at first but since he learned about Leona's plans he knew he had to do something. He knew just who to talk to. "I need to speak to y/n tomorrow as soon as possible." He whispers to himself.

Meanwhile said girl was hearing drops of ink, having no clue where it came from.

<to be continued.