The Beast King Ch2: Lessons in Blot. Also SPORTS!

The Night Raven briancell squad stands infront of Crowley's office. "Wonder what he wants? Whatever It is has got to be important." Ace says. Y/n rolled her eyes, "he probably wants me to do something for him, god that Studpid Crow is practically useless." She groaned, Y/n practically slammed the open, the sound making Crowley jump in his seat.

Y/n smiles and poses pretending that she wants to be there. "We're here for our Afternoon appointment!" She sang, before just entering the room and sitting on a chair in front of Crowley's desk. Deuce politely stands in the doorway. "Headmage, may we come in? He asks. Crowley nods and the boys enter, each one of them sitting next to y/n. "How's it going, sir?"

Crowley Clears his throat before speaking. "Thank you all for coming. I'll get right to the point. Now that the Heartslabyul incident is behind us...I wanted to give you a proper debriefing on the matter.If you're to become mages, you need to fully understand the malady that befell Mr. Rosehearts." He says with seriousness in his voice. The four of them listening intently as their head Master speaks.

"You called it "overblot," right?" Deuce askes clearly remembering said event. Crowley nods. "Yes, that is correct." Ace snapped his fingers, he spoke up about the situation. "My brother told me a little about that. He said that could happen to anyone who builds up too much blot. Sounds like Cater was pretty much on the nose with "berserker mode." He says

Grim tilts his head and crosses his arms, "Yeah, but what is "blot," anyway?" He asked. "For your sake and my little girl's would behoove us to start with the basics.I shall teach you all you need to know. Charity, thy name is Crowley!" Crowley boasted with a prideful grin on his face. Y/n rolls her eyes not only at Crowley calling her his daughter but for once again promoting himself. "We get it, move on Big Bird. Y/n groaned.

Crowley Clears his throat. "Now, "blot" is a form of waste that is created as a byproduct of using magic. Just as cars run on gasoline, and in the process, expel dangerous gases as exhaust...Casting spells consumes magical energy, and in the process, expels blot." He explained while pointing towards the gem Ace's pen.

"And I thought your wre invincible with magic, Who knew magic had a carbon footprint?"

Crowley nods."Research into the nature of blot has been conducted since time immemorial. And yet, we still understand little about it. All we know for sure is that it is terrifically toxic, and excessive amounts can wreak havoc on a mage's mind and body." The Headmage explained.

"I guess that's why Grandma was always naggin' me to not overdo it with the magic, huh? Here I thought she just didn't want me to break stuff." He says while thinking of the very memory he mentioned. Crowley continued with his lesson. "Power and peril are two sides of the same coin. Even the greatest of mages cannot cast spell after spell without consequence."

Grim eyes widen in shock. "So you're tellin' me I'm gonna get sick if I keep usin' magic whenever I want?!" He asked. Crowley shakes his head. "Not necessarily." He answered. Grim gave the headmage a confused look seeing his lack of understanding Crowley hummed. "Perhaps a demonstration would prove more efficient than a mere explanation. Ghosts, assemble! I have a job for you!" He called out.

Two ghost quickly float into the room through the walls of Crowley's office. "Huzzah! You summoned us, Headmage?" A ghost asked. Ace slumped his shoulders and sighs, "Not these guys again?!" He complained. Y/n playfully rolls her eyes, "Be nice to the ghost, they're just doing their job." Y/n says while booping his nose. Ace smiled suddenly, feeling better about the ghost being there.

Crowley kindly smiles at the two ghosts. "Would you be so kind as to help me put these young students through their paces?" He asked. The ghost nods, they proceeded to float towards the students Slowly and menacingly. Y/n decided to stand next to Crowley not wanting to get caught in the crossfire. "T-this seems like a bad idea." Deuce stutters.
The other ghost observed The mages before turning to Crowley. "Yeah, okay. We'll go a round or two with 'em." The ghost responds smiling. Crowley smiles brightly before gesturing to hid male students. "Now, students, ready your magical pens. Prepare to receive a special lesson from your headmage!" Crowley shouts.