Chapter 1 - The Beginning

"Catch me if you can!"

"Slow down Sis!"

"Come on Izuku! You're not this slow!"

"Izumi I sprained my leg yesterday! Please! Slow down!"

2 kids running around in the park, the Yagi's typical family outing. A kind family with a mother, a father, and twin siblings.

Despite not having any matching physical characteristics apart from their hair color, they were born on the same day. They have a great relationship with each other, from homework to reading, and they love to do things together.

"Tomorrow, we will be going to the doctor's office to see your quirks!" said Toshinori Yagi.

"Don't stay up late, you still need to sleep!" warned Inko Yagi.

"But!..." complained Izumi Yagi.

"We can't hold our excitement!" said Izuku Yagi.

"If you don't... then we won't go and you won't know what your quirk is," threatened Inko.

"Ughhh... fiiiineee," both siblings said at the same time.

The day went with some forced rest and the next came back with ambition.

"I hope my quirk is strong then I can become a hero!" said Izumi in the car.

"I hope mine is too..." added Izuku.

"Dad is a bit busy so he isn't with us today, but I'll be here, and we're almost there!" said Inko

The family came up the stairs and waited for their turn, and after a few tests, the results came in.

The doctor stepped in, "Well Mrs. Yagi, we have good news and bad news."

Inko leaned forward in her chair.

"What is the bad news?"

"Your son Izuku is quirkless."

The following moments came by and went, as the doctor explained the theory behind the quirkless and how they identify such things.

While that was going on, Izuku was just taking in their situation.

"I'm quirkless... ok then... I can still live, but things might get harder. "

"For the good news, may I ask what are your quirks in your family Mrs. Yagi?" asked the doctor.

"I have a physical attraction quirk and my husband has a light strengthening quirk," replied Inko.

The doctor gestured for the mother to keep going.

"My father had a soul-weakening quirk and my mother had a telepathy quirk, I inherited my quirk from my mother. For my husband, his father had a perseverance quirk and his mother was quirkless."

"Well I can say that your daughter certainly gained your heritage," said the doctor.

"Her quirk allows her to enter the subconscious environment of her target's mind, in other words, their soul, and she can from there affect her target in many ways through that. Drawbacks seem to be: requires physical contact and incapacitation, and a lot of stamina"

"Wow, that's soo cool!" Izumi was bouncing with excitement.

"Since it's a unique quirk, you also get to name it!" said the doctor.

"Ohhh... really?? Then... let's call it... Soul field."

After registering, the family went down to their car and came home with the good news. During the car ride, Izumi really wanted to try her quirk.

"Hey, Izuku! Izuuuuku?"

"H-Huh, yes?" Izuku said, still considering his future options now.

"I wanna try my quirk on you, can I?"

"Sure"

While thinking about how to activate it, she placed her hand on her brother's forehead and tried to focus on her image of a soul.

At that moment, Izumi fell into what seemed like a wormhole, like an endless vortex, she was falling into Izuku's subconscious. Eventually, she hit the ground, but it didn't bring any pain despite her falling extremely quickly, she looked around to find out that she arrived in Izuku's "soul field," a deep forest with an alluring path in front of her.

"Wow..." said Izumi as she was following the clear path. The forest was very silent, and she wasn't sure where she should go. So she went forward, every step she felt a more calming sensation as she tracked deeper into the forest.

As she continued walking, she saw a green figure between two deviations of paths. The figure looked like her brother, but he was completely silent and just pointing in one direction.

Izumi wasn't sure to trust him, since this was the first time she used her quirk. Yet, she doesn't really know which path to follow in this overpowering forest. After some thought, she knew that she really didn't have any other options. Praying for her brother's kind heart, she decided to take the advice and follow the path.

Eventually, she started to see the sign of a clearing, bathed in bright light, so she went through, exiting the forest.

Then, Izumi shot up and saw a car seat, she was back to reality. Her first thought was to reach her brother, yet her arm was not moving an inch, then she realized, she was absolutely drained of energy. Instead, she just turned her head to her brother, he had his eyes closed and was happily smiling. "How do you feel?" she asked after a deep breath.

"I feel... so calm... like an infinitely sized blanket wrapped around me," her brother said. Izumi smiled, "your soul field is a nice green forest with a brown path leading you."

That little remark made Izuku smile, it's a nice thing to imagine.