Chapter 18 - Insurgents

Jumping from the top of one building to another, I diligently made my way around the area near the USJ to study it. I do have to say that they are making a lot of noise there, even though it has massive walls.

Suddenly when I looked at the entrance, I saw a blue-haired guy step out. I quickly hide behind a wall and look at him closely. He looked similar to someone in the entrance exams... was he a student now?

Interestingly, he looked both ways before running away at full speed in U.A.'s direction.

Something is happening here.

Find out what is wrong now!

Alright fine, I'll just take a look.

I peeked through the entrance...and was utterly bewildered.

A floating purple mist along with a bunch of hero students looking up at it with fire in their eyes. This was too suspicious to slip by, so I snuck in from the side and sneakily went to the forest next to the stairs. I glanced from behind a tree to look at the central plaza and saw... a monster.

Giant and purple-skinned, a birdhead was smashing someone into the ground with a smaller villain laughing. Then I recognized who it was... Aizawa!

I immediately jumped out of my cover and ran behind that monster. I went as fast as I could and performed the most powerful kick I could right onto his head. "Whaat?" the tiny villain spoke confused. I was expecting that creature to fall but it stood still. I got a chill down my spine as it slowly turned its head to look at me, that creature was tough.

"Oh, a new hero came to play!.... Now who are you?..." the tiny villain spoke with a hiss. "You must be a new one, well, I might as well crush a bud now!" I immediately jumped back as that tiny villain started to charge at me. He didn't look physically impressive, but he had to have a powerful quirk to have such confidence.

He was surprisingly quick and I had to enter a stalemate with him with both of us holding each other hand to hand. The tiny villain stayed suspiciously still... That's when I noticed my glove was deteriorating fast, he was looking for this all along. "Heh idiot," he said.

"No, you're the idiot."

I pulled my fist out of his hand and punched him in the face. "Yah!" he screamed in pain and stumbled back. My body instinctively sidestepped, and next to me a giant crater formed as that monster immediately tried to crush me to death. "Nomu! Kill him!" the tiny villain said.

The creature now had its eyes on me.

It immediately charged forward and again tried to crush me with a punch, I moved forwards and gave him an uppercut. He flinched! I thought. But he instead grabbed my leg with his other hand and smashed my body against the floor. That hurt, that hurt a lot, if my armor wasn't so thick I could have been paralyzed for the rest of my life, but the shock of it remains. I can't take that many hits from it.

My leg managed to slip out of his hand but he wasn't changing face at all. He tried to punch me again and I had to dodge to the side. I punched his leg as hard as I could, and his skin only moved slightly. I knew he would try to grab me again so I moved back as soon as I could, instead I was just out of range of his other foot stomping on the ground hard enough to leave another crater. This was a death match. He attacked and I dodged, I attacked and he ignored the pain to try and attack me again. This would be an endless cycle... unless I didn't add a new feature to my suit.

He punched again but instead of just dodging, I pushed my thumb and index finger together while facing my palm at his head. A bright flash of light and the monster was stunned. This was my newest addition, a short flashbang from my hand that also doubles as my quirk cover. I was lucky it was still functional.

From now, I could finally start taking the edge in combat, I kept flashing his eyes and punching him as hard as I could. He began to flail around to try and touch me, but I only needed to stay out of range and keep up the assault.

Meanwhile, the tiny villain stared down Aizawa as he tried to pick himself up from his pummeling. "Your tiny comrade there is quite impressive, you know, they hit me hard." "Tiny... comrade...?" Aizawa spoke with a heavy breath and looked to the side. Immediately he recognized the figure, "FIST!? What are you doing here!?" "So they're called Fist huh?" The tiny villain stepped closer and grabbed Aizawa's arm, "You know I hate how heroes hurt without consequences..." The skin on Aizawa's arm began to flake. "Isn't it unfair?..."

At that moment, a student who couldn't watch anymore jumped out of the water with a fist pulled back. The fist began to glow with blue veins and then swung up with a huge dust cloud. "Huh!?" the student yelled as the monster was between them and the tiny villain.

I turned to see where Nomu ran and saw a scene I couldn't believe.

Long green hair with an outfit that has been on hundreds of sketches...Izu-MIIIII!!!

I had to hold myself back from running along and joining the villains. First, make sure I have a different voice, then prepare myself to let her become the attacker, and lastly... don't hint anything.

I took a deep breath and made sure my mask was tight. Then I jumped in front of Nomu and flashed him again, I turned and yelled "PUNCH IT!" That brought her back to reality and she lifted her arm again, then with a jump she punched him but it didn't budge again. I grunted and kicked him straight in the chest with my heavy boots. It again didn't leave anything more than a dent.

Seeing as how this was still more than what Izumi could do, I took it upon myself and just told her to move back. I continued flashing and punching to keep him stunned before it all came to a halt with a single yell.

"I AM HERE!"