Chapter 19 - One to the next

Everyone turned their head to All Might standing proudly over the villains he defeated just by going down the stairs. I took the opportunity to quickly grab Aizawa from the ground, "Fist... what are you..." "Shut up and rest" I held him over my shoulder and ran by All Might, "Thank you for your help hero! I apologize that I don't recognize you!" That sentence infuriated me, it stirred the depths of my soul to hear his voice in any meaningful way, I couldn't continue without retaliation. "Symbol of peace huh..." he immediately flinched, which was enough for me. I continued running to the entrance which is where I saw the rest of the students that were looking at a ripped-apart Thirteen.

I walked towards them and dropped off Aizawa. "Thank you!" a girl quickly answered and focused on him rather than who I was, which is perfect. I easily sneaked out and immediately retreated to the closest alleyway.

I need to see Akie immediately

Who was she again?

The girl with the painkiller quirk

Ohh, right

I'm surprised you let me go from there

Your dad's there, everything will be fine anyways

...

Wait! Calm down! Let go of my neck!

Never. Say that. Again.

Aizawa POV

Groan.

"Are you awake?"

I slowly opened my eyes and saw Recovery Girl looking at me under the ceiling light. "How long was I out?" I tried to say. "You've been sleeping for 20 hours." I gravely sighed. "What was the outcome?" "Worry about your own injuries now, you're in no condition to teach." Then it suddenly hit me how much time passed, today was the day to announce the sports festival! "Chiyo. I need to teach today." She stared me down before breathing a large sigh, "I'll have to cover you in bandages, you realize how ridiculous that will look?" "Do it."

A couple of hours later, I stepped into the class with everyone confused as to why I'm there. "Aizawa, shouldn't you still be recovering?" a student asked. "That doesn't matter, now listen up, something important is coming up."

Izumi POV

This is crazy! Just after the USJ incident, there's the sports festival?! "You alright Izumi?" "Mina, don't you think this is going too fast?" "Unfortunately the sports festival is too important to cancel, it's what allows us to show off to hero agencies." "Still! Ida." Suddenly, a wild dad appeared.

"Young girl, I would like to discuss something with you!" "Right now!?" I looked behind me and saw that both Ida and Mina were already leaving with a wave. I sighed and followed Dad to a lounge room.

Dad reverted to his true form, "I can only keep this up for 50 minutes now." I immediately ran to him, "Are you sure you want to continue Dad?" "Hah! Don't worry about me now! You've got the sports festival coming up." I prepared some tea and sat next to him. "You haven't used your original quirk enough." "There aren't many opportunities to use it, you know?" "Yes but that will be a weakness to get you recognized to be in a hero agency." He slowly drank and continued, "I want you to win the sports festival, placing One For All second and Soul Field first." He pointed at me with a smile that he would usually wear in his hero form, but even now, it has the same effect. "I'll try my best!" I proudly said.

As the day ended, I went home.

I step into my house and I see Mom in the kitchen cooking, "Hi there Zumi! Dinner will be ready soon!" "Good evening Mom! What's for dinner?" "Your favorite, as a big event is happening tomorrow." A chill ran down my spine. "Yeah..., don't you think it's a bit too early?" "What do you mean dear?" "I mean it's only been a day since that" Mom sighed. "I also agree that it's way too soon and I would love to have given you more time, but I trust my husband. He said it's the greatest opportunity for you, so I'll help you however I can... like with dinner!" I smiled, "Thanks, Mom." "You're welcome, sweetie. Now... GO TAKE A SHOWER!" "AHH! YES! YES!"

I quickly ran upstairs to shower but I couldn't avoid seeing my brother's door.

I stood still for a while. Looking at the empty wooden door that he left behind.

"Izuku... I hope you're not gone. The police haven't stopped investigating yet but I fear every time that they will."

"Please..."

I placed my hand on the door.

"Let me apologize."

Izuku POV

I never expected to come to the sports festival, but seeing that Izumi actually got into the U.A. means that she probably used All Might to sneak in. I absolutely need to see what she's like now. If there is even the slightest chance that I see her while I'm patrolling then I need to know what she can do.

I know how to escape from most pro heroes simply by using my speed and even if a student has a mind control ability, I just need to distract them to run away, they aren't experienced enough. If I meet Izumi, and she is able to move as fast as All Might and hits me with her original quirk, I'll be done for. I say this because even though I hate her, I admit she's smart and quick-witted enough to probably stop me.

The race and calvary battle went about as I expected, she won both by coming up with a great strategy. I admit that using that armor piece as a surfboard on the minefield was really cool but I think the cavalry battle was more impressive. She used the pink girl's Acid and the shadow bird to create an impenetrable shield. Also, I didn't expect Bakugo to actually be as cooperative as he was during the battle, who would've thought he could grow a conscience for others? Not me, that's for sure.

"The first round of the battle tournament begins! Izumi Yagi versus Hitoshi Shinso!"

From the right came an indigo-hair-colored boy who was fairly tall. He didn't seem special in any physical aspect, but he definitely was not intimidated by the fight. In complete opposition, Izumi came from the left, with a fake smile of confidence.

"Begin!"

This is sure to be interesting