Chapter 14 - Vigilant v. Vigilante II

Ah! A new day another day at UA. Another day I spend sitting on my chair ominously while generating income you would never hope to achieve.

The nice aroma of tea fills my office I scroll through the news for today, let's see here:

"The true salary of Japan's number one hero!" - yeah good luck guessing a non-existent number.

"Vigilantes still wander the streets!" - they've used 40 different synonyms for roam in the past 2 months, how are they still standing?

"The mysteries that reside in UA!" - now this is interesting, there are a couple of rumors on-

*knock* *knock*

I immediately set myself back upright and put my cup of tea down, "come in."

In comes the vanguard of the hero course, Shota Aizawa.

"Aizawa! What can I inquire about your visit?"

"Good morning principal Nezu, there's a case in the police department that's been grilling our heads for a while now, and we're asking for your free time."

"Is this related to your distractions lately?... but I have been pretty busy doing nothing, so I'll be glad to come down this evening," I responded.

"Great, I'll see you at the station later today..."

"Wait!" I reached out before he exited through the door.

"What is it?"

"Could you take me with you tonight? My car is in service right now... and public transport was a nightmare," I pleaded.

"*sigh* Fine, I'll stay in today."

12 hours later it was time to leave.

Eraserhead brought me down in his car and we then came into the detective's office, Detective Tsukauchi was intensely looking at his computer.

"Detective, I've brought Nezu," Eraserhead said.

Tsukauchi shot up from his seat and greeted me, "Thank you for coming down to the station today, would you like some Tea?" "No thanks, as much as I appreciate the offer I would love to know what made you ask me of all people to come down," I replied.

"Well it's a vigilante case, but they're acting a lot differently than others do," Tsukauchi said.

My interest is peaking.

"They still commit acts of vigilantism but they also do something else..."

"What is that?" I asked.

"They save suicidal kids."

Silence filled the room for a couple of seconds, as the subject is so sensitive to any living being.

"Please elaborate," I broke the ice.

"Let me fill you in," Eraserhead said.

Eraserhead explained to me this new vigilante, "Fist," and everything they do. They already had about 7 cases under them with villains that had brutal bruises on their bodies, and they also reportedly saved 6 children from ending their own lives. He managed to confront them once in the last week, and it ended with them escaping, but it confirmed that they were a threat to even a pro hero. Eraserhead also expressed his frustration about the vigilante's age. It sometimes sounded like a teen and sometimes like an adult, it never has been one. And, of course, an unknown quirk, although it seems to be a physical enhancement or telekinesis.