Chapter 37 - Reunion

"We'll defy that fate!" yelled Dad with his hand in the air. "No daughter of mine is going to accept anything without standing tall!!"

I had a source of worries after learning Nighteye was Dad's old sidekick, but after hearing how he took his foresight into the future, they left immediately. I won't fall down just because one person said it, I'll take my future into my own hands!

...

In an interesting turn of events, I met up with a lot of classmates on the way to the internship today. It had started off with just one or two, then it quickly moved up to 5 and 6 others being on the same train. It turned out that not just us, but multiple other heroes were all gathered at the Nighteye agency. After a couple of minutes, Nighteye then invited everyone to the meeting room, and the explanation began.

"I first thank you for all gathering here, I know schedules don't mix particularly well, but this is the culmination of years of work. The Nighteye agency, along with the police force, has been investigating and monitoring the development of a group known as the Shie Hassaikai." Along with the speech, slideshows showed timelines of their movements and important figures within the group among them. Another assistant, the hero Centipeder, also described how this yakuza held connections and positions all over the underground of Japan.

"Why the hell do we have these kids here when we talk about a group of thugs that sell and murder?" blurted one of the heroes during the presentation, prompting Fat Gum to stand up saying. "They are important too! My interns had an encounter with a villain that used a cartridge that affected their quirk!" "So what? Isn't that like Eraser Head?" Mr. Aizawa then stood up, "Not at all." He now held everyone's attention, "I've already been informed of this, and while my quirk temporarily suppresses Quirk Factors, this bullet directly damaged it." "We also hold evidence that the supplier was the yakuza. Not to mention the encounter my interns had..." said Nighteye, sinking curiosity towards us everyone, including ourselves. "A lab analysis of that very bullet revealed there to be blood inside," a cold shiver went down my spine. "As for that evidence, I turn your ears to this audio."

[Play]

"Oh yeah!? I've never seen drug manufacturers with this kind of security before..." "

Shut up about that! It's the thing I hate the most about it! Drugs to boost your quirks... [Audio static]

"Neither that nor those blood bullets are fair right?"

"I don't know much about that... Boss just says they're the "cure for the sick," whatever that means."

[Stopped]

"THAT WAS FIST!" yelled Ejiro out of all people, I mean I recognized it as well, but I wasn't vocal. "Correct, the vigilante planned out a confrontation with one of the group's high-ranking members. Thanks to their cooperation with me, I was able to gather a lot of evidence for the crimes," said Nighteye. "Wait! That vigilante met with you!?" said Aizawa, surprised. "Although it wasn't as direct as you may think, they did organize all of it, risking their life in the process."

"They still sound insane for such an idea," said Rock Lock. "While they are an outlaw, I will not lose thier goodwill because of it... this operation shall be my reply," responded Nighteye.

"Back on topic, their leader, Kai Chisaki. He possesses a quirk called Overhaul, allowing him to disassemble or assemble any object. This should show a link to the quirk-destroying bullet." Wait... is that blood... Eri's? Was that why she had... bandages?! WAS THAT WHY SHE WAS SCARED?! "-No birth certificate, they only bumped into the two for a couple of minutes. Her attire insinuates that she is the source of these bullets... Please calm down, the both of you." I hadn't realized, but Mirio and I had a very strong dissatisfaction on our faces. "I understand you're angry, but we need to focus on this mission."

I could hardly pay attention to the rest of the meeting.

Eri was the only thing on my mind.

? POV

*Creak*

"I see you didn't touch your toys! That's such a shame you know?"

"I bought the latest, they'll be fun for you~"

"..."

"I'll see you later..."

*Slam*

.

..

...

"...I will find someone, someone with kind arms, someone who will save you, I promise. Just, hold on to hope... a little longer."

Warm... it felt warm... it felt different...

Are these.. the kind arms? They must be. That was kindness...

I held on to hope, I held on. He was right, he kept his promise.

"

They're monstrous."

Why did he say that?

...

*Sniff* *Sniff*

Izuku POV

The day is finally here.

As I watched the yakuza's household slowly being surrounded by police cars, the heroes were lining up in the street next door. It's a complete troupe, Eraser Head, Rock Lock, Fat Gum, Ryukyu, Nighteye, and all their UA interns. Today will be the first time I witness such an operation, it's pretty impressive how fast they put this together after my little push.

After a little knock, a large muscular thug smashed out of the gates. I actually hadn't fought this one before, but he was pinned down by Ryukyu after she transformed. The policemen then stormed the entrance and more thugs came out, he immediately began using his quirk on a bush nearby. I was pleased to see that they were bare-handed, meaning they still hadn't found the weapons I hid weeks ago. After they were quickly overwhelmed, the heroes went in.

[20 minutes later]

...

As much as I am glad that the heroes went in, the outside show isn't that entertaining. In fact, my arms have been twitching since Red desperately wants to jump in the fight.

...

[20 minutes later]

Alright... this is getting unbearable, I need to find someone to fight. Staying as far back as I could, I slowly climbed down from the building and began to look for any stragglers. It was only after moving a bit north that I heard some rumbling higher up the street, a plausible target.

Following the sound, I arrived at an intersection. No matter where I looked, I heard the noise... It was confusing, but I eventually figured out that the noise was coming under me. Perhaps there was a secret tunnel? Well... only one way to enter.

POW *CRASH*