Chapter 44 - Chase

As night falls, the howls of the wind echo throughout the street, and few dare now to exit their homes to prowl the darkness. During this time, criminals seek their next success with few adversaries compared to the daytime, they only dread those who follow them through the night.

Tonight, was not such a night. It was eerily quiet, in fact. Most criminals expected the echoes of the opposition in the area to alert them of presences like underground heroes and especially vigilantes. The pair tonight expected to hear about Fist and their current location, but... nothing, there was nothing. They had some warnings about underground heroes, but what matters most was the biggest threat. Although cautious, they planned with higher ambition than usual, two stores at once. They were meant to be a month apart, but with a potential free night, why not try?

They passed the empty street towards the first location and broke in, with no alarm as predicted. It was simple and fast, as their bags filled up rather quickly. Is this real? One thought to themselves, Is it really a free night?! Both of them were getting more and more ecstatic as they peacefully walked to the next location, it felt like a big payday.

But then, something changed, the air didn't feel as empty as before, and someone was approaching. The two of them turned behind them, and an echo of an explosion reached their ears, this was a dangerous situation. They immediately faced the towards the end of the street, yet it was gone. Things were... bright and hot, expanding quickly, and over the boom, they could hear Caught you villains! Surrender to the Great Explosion Murder God!

"Bakugo! You can't harm these villains! You're a trainee!" "Shut up, Izumi! We're catching someone way worse right? Let me warm up!" "No! Stop!" Izumi forcibly yanked Bakugo away from the burglars who were just knocked out. This was potentially the strongest duo of the generation, both highly mobile, and powerful. "I didn't bring you along so you can cause a riot! We need to get to the meeting spot in 5 minutes!" "We're gonna need longer than that to tie these fools!"

A wave of cold air suddenly passed them, encasing the burglars in an icy prison. The incarnation of Le Chatelier's principle, and the son of the top hero, Shoto Todoroki. Now, this was a trio that truly were the faces of the next generation, unbeatable in potential. Izumi had taken up Aizawa's offer with the condition that she could also bring together a team like the big three. And so it was. The three of them quickly left behind the two criminals and headed back onto their planned journey.

"I'm not sure why you asked me to come along if you're all facing only one person, isn't it a bit excessive?" questioned Todroki as he slid along with everyone else. "I wouldn't have asked you if I didn't believe it was necessary, they will be a real challenge." Upon Izumi uttering those words, Bakugo became very excited at the foreseeable battle. He couldn't care less who they were, even if it was something in connection to his personal tastes, as long as it would be proof of his superiority. Todoroki instead saw it more as an opportunity to not only help a good friend but also gain a step over his father, Fist had beaten them after all.

Not too long later, they arrived at the meeting spot. Aizawa was already there discussing with the big three, he turned to them and sarcastically pointed at a watch. "Yes! Sorry, we had to stop a villain," "A villain? You should know what that means." "We didn't overdo it." Aizawa squinted at them for a bit, before sighing and pulling out his phone. "Rufiji didn't come back to his apartment since the police call." The information poised Izumi to think if it really was them, it seems so out of line. "Where are they now?" asked Mirio, Aizawa made him look at his phone. "The factory of... no a glassworking building?" Aizawa put his phone away, "an abandoned one, yes. It seems they made this their new base, it's about 30 minutes away." Nejire leaned in, "I thought it looked much closer though?" "30 minutes not for you, for these guys," said Aizawa pointing back at Izumi, Todoroki, and Bakugo. "What!? I'll get there in a minute!" yelled Bakugo. "No, we're leaving at a steady speed so I keep an eye on you" "What!?" "Nejire, Mirio, Tamkai, you all go on ahead first" "WHAT!?" "Ok-k, We'll-ll get there first." "WHAAAT!?!"

Leaving the others behind, the big three began to move out to the specified location. While they didn't show it, they were all anxious to some degree. Fist had been a person they could not forget, and hearing about him in the news brought back the memories, even if they were brief. Now, they were going to go against them, to try and stop them even if there is a shred of doubt in their minds. "D-Do you th-think they'll see us coming?" asked Tamaki to Mirio as he phased through a wall, "I don't think so, we've been pretty quiet about it." Both of them were on the ground since Nejire could fly, and Tamaki suddenly noticed that Mirio was not smiling much. "I don't want to think of this too deeply, but I do feel sorry." "S-Sorry? F-For what?" "Fist undoubtedly sacrificed their quirk for me, and that might have had more repercussions for them than me." Tamaki thought for a moment, "d-didn't we have a possibility o-of Eri bringing it back?" "That's a possibility, I don't know how long the police will take to let a child get close to an outlaw-" "HEY GUYS!" Both of them looked up to Nejire who was flying upside down. "I SEE THE FACTORY OVER THERE! I'M GONNA GO ON AHEAD OK!?" "SURE, JUST BE CAREFUL... AND USE THE COMMUNICATORS!" Nejire gave a nod and dashed forwards to the facility. Nothing could go wrong, right?