Chapter 39 - Blaze

"Who are you!" I said to the black figure. There are a few heroes who stay on rooftops without a clear ability to move through the air, as well as torn outfits with dark colors.

"... A hero?" they respond, "Show me your license!"

I descended down to their height as they fumbled their hand into a back pocket. They caught my eye specifically due to the opposite: Heroes don't usually wear dark colors, as we all want to stand out. Wearing dark colors meant you didn't want to be seen, and since it was not the hour for underground heroes, they were suspicious.

"Ah, here."

I leaned in to look at it but instead was met with a powerful punch that knocked me off the building. I quickly use my quirk to fly back up before they can get away, "halt, villain!" I yelled as the chase began. They were moving quite fast but their legs can't outmatch a jet engine, and it would quickly be over unless they find another solution.

They tried to slip away by quickly getting down an alleyway and swinging through it, but I could just as easily dodge all obstacles and instantly turn to catch them. They then tried to quickly get out of the alleyway and turn around, however, they could not escape my sight. Their last ditch effort was turning around and facing me directly, little did they know that was exactly what I was waiting for.

I happened to realize at the same time who they were, the vigilante Fist. I've gotten enough reports to know all they're capable of, and as long as I stay out of reach, they're a sitting duck.

"You might as well turn yourself in now if you don't want to get burnt." "Seems like you know who I am..." "Your days are numbered vigilante, numbered in seconds!" I said as I shot a stream of fire in their direction. I didn't see any movement and so I approached closer to see if I already hit them. As the flames subsided, I saw some charred remains, but the outlaw disappeared, "There is no use hiding! I'll find you anyway!"

"I know."

From behind me! I don't know how they snuck up but I quickly released more flames behind me before they could do anything. I then looked back to see nothing again. This may be more difficult than I imagined- POW

Through the fire, they jumped out and punched me again. These were heavy hits, and the feeling of being hit by something made of metal is starting to affect me. Even though I could tell they couldn't last long. I could see them breathing heavily and suffering from burns through the tears of their suit. Now, I readied myself to fight on the ground as flying wouldn't aid me now, and they did the same. I had given a signal to the agency to get to my location in case they escaped, but now I'm determined to see this through.

They began by running forwards toward me, I spread out my fingers for a Hell Spider but they appeared before me faster than I anticipated. So I changed to erupt my body in flames for a moment, which drove them away due to the heat. I ready my fingers again, and this time with the flames pushing them away, I use Hell Spider to trap him. The flames aren't that hot, but in this manner, they'll be intimidated to move further. "You should give up, now!" I warned him. However, they ignored it and recklessly jumped through the web to come up closer to me. I braced myself for the punch and increased the heat of the flames around me, sure enough, they kept going and knocked me back further away from before. I looked back to see that they had smoking gloves on, but didn't mind, they must be fireproof.

This tactic reminds me of All Might, even though it's not close to his power, it's annoying me!

I decided that this battle had to be over quickly if I wasn't going to let my agency see me struggle like this. While they're recovering over there, I shouldn't miss the opportunity to hit them at a long distance. I readied my hand into a fist of concentrated fire, they wouldn't dodge this.

"JET BURN" *FWOOSH*

Hit confirmed, I saw them being kicked back multiple buildings. I quickly stood up to go and see if they were still conscious. To my dismay, I could see Fist standing up before I was even meters away from them. That chest piece was sturdy, I couldn't see anything more than a dark burn covering it. However, they were breathing heavily now, this fight was going to be over soon and so I said "You're not as resistant to heat as I am, this battle is over criminal!"

I then prepared to fire another Jet burn as they ran towards me to try and stop me. They don't know that this one was going to be twice as powerful.

5 meters away, NOW! "JET- BURN?!" In the middle of swinging my arm, Fist dashed towards me. Then they spun their hands into one circle and suddenly I was upside down. I couldn't direct my arm anymore, it fired at a location I didn't aim for.

POW

I got hit again, I felt myself fly backward... and everything went dark.