Chapter 33 - Premonition

So... tell me,

The air became harder to breathe in this forest, I heard noises all around me with no idea what they could originate from.

How you're sleeping easy?

I keep running, running through this abyss of trees and moonless skies. I can't tell apart dreams or reality.

How you're only thinking of yourself?

No matter where I go, the voices won't stop. No matter how much I use One For All, the wind just dissipates in the dark.

Show me how you justify?

I'm scared. I'm terrified! WHAT IS FOLLOWING ME?!

Telling all your lies like second nature!

Eyes..., big red eyes covered in a bloody aura, staring through the nightmare's cloak. And... another one is behind me, with the fanged beak of a crow.

Listen, mark my words, one day

SOMETHING JUST GRABBED ME! It's!... a small shadow... with scared ruby-like eyes. Wait! Are they chasing it!?

You will pay, you will pay!

Both of the monsters ignored us and charged at each other, clawing themselves apart, even if I can't see the claws.

Karma's gonna come collect her debt!

I step back with the little creature at my leg, those monsters will keep themselves occupied. I began to run away through the darkness again, but then an unsettling dread came over with a stiff silence.

Karma's gonna come collect her debt~

I turned back around to see that both of them stopped and were staring right at me. Fixated at my legs as the shadow grabbed me tighter.

Karma's gonna come collect her debt!

The monsters dashed forward at full speed, I can't move. They were getting closer and closer, I managed to ready One For All in my arm. They're now in the range of 10 meters, and so I let loose a 100% Smash!... They ignore it completely.

I tried to brace my arms but the last thing I saw was bloody eyes and a sharp beak jumping on me... and then I woke up.

.

..

...

As I stared at the ceiling, I could feel my heart beating just as it was back in the dream. Were these the "visions" Dad told me about?... I hope not.

I came downstairs to the student kitchen to see that no one else was up, I had to check the time to realize it was 7:30, and school wasn't starting soon. I decided to head outside to get some fresh air, which was when I saw Mr. Aizawa stepping into the UA grounds. I waved to him "Hey Mr. Aizawa!" He looked back at me apathetically as usual, although I noticed that he was limping, must be the underground hero work.

When I went back inside, Katsuki was there fidgeting with the snack cabinet. I silently walked behind him and gently nudged his shoulder... "HAH!?" he yelled while clutching his bag of chips, "Good morning, I see we both have terrible sleeping habits," I say with a smile. "Jeez, I don't need you to scare me out of my sleep as well," said Katsuki. "As well?" "Had a nightmare while I was listening to soul metal last night."

This piqued my interest, "who was there?" "..."

"It was... Iz, I think. He was watching me drown."

A stiff silence settled as I put my arm around him, "Yeah.... I had something similar too..." Katsuki turned in shock, "Really?! This is going to haunt us forever then..."

I sighed, "I... still don't think it's over, he has to be out there... somewhere..."

A rustling occurred behind us.

"-morning, Mina"

...

The start of the day was really intense, with the provisional hero exams coming up, we had to continue training our quirks for them. Now, we were tasked with creating our own super moves.

"Don't try to become All Might"

While the rest of the class was developing their quirks in their own ways, I was stuck trying to figure out what kind of move I could do. One For All is very much a physical force, while Soul Field is more like a mystic ability. I've managed to work one in the other, but how could I reverse that... what would that even look like?

I thought back to the times I used One For All in a soul field. The ability to use it without consequence is amazing but not applicable here since it's reality. It requires physical contact on the head, in which the quirk can be activated immediately. But then...what? These quirks can't mix!

Let's first assess what each quirk does at a base level: One for all powers up my limbs to deliver force at exponentially higher rates, Soul field allows me to pacify my target by entering their subconscious and finding an exit. Applying the ability over the force maybe? But how could I simultaneously hit someone and enter their soul?... not to mention that I become defenseless in the process- "For now, just train your quirk, you'll know more of what you're capable of before brainstorming super moves" said Ectoplasm, snapping me out of my focus.

I just nodded in agreement, I'll figure something out soon.

Izuku POV

The patrol has been mostly fruitless, there were only petty villains and no other kids to find. Avoiding heroes is so much harder as well, I already nearly got caught three times.

If I remember correctly, the provisional hero license exam is happening soon, and it's a perfect moment to see how strong Izumi is after the forest camp. Although it's still a couple of days away.

...

"Hey Fist! Over here!" A young child in an orange shirt called to me from the alleyway as I stood on the rooftop. "The corner here is invisible!" I decided to go back to one of the kids I visit frequently, they lived in the city and always had some information since his dad was a broker. Every time I talked to him, it was in a different location. Safe to say, he learns well.

"What's the level of the news?" "It's only town-sized, so the usual." I slipped a banknote into his pocket. "For now, the big thing is that the local yakuza group has been suspiciously quiet," he said. "There's a yakuza?" "I don't remember what they were called but they wear bird masks. Dad said that compared to their brutal actions before, they seemed to have holed up in their castle." "... Alright, see you next week."

The information is good as always, I just didn't expect to hear about a yakuza in this era. Either way, it's a group of criminals in the end, so I have to investigate anyone with bird masks.

Interestingly enough, that wasn't too hard.