Chapter 7 - A meeting of the minds

...

"Damn Izumi, have you started working out?"

It was currently the end of the school day, and as I was heading home I turned to see Katsuki Bakugo, the man who bullied my brother.

"Yea, I started a few days ago," I said in a cold voice.

"What's your quirk?"

I thought long and hard about this before, my original quirk doesn't correlate with dad's, so I had to come up with something.

"I gather soul energy, and I can use it to invade someone's soul, or supercharge my own."

"THAT'S AWESOME! Let me see!"

"Heh, Well the first time I did it, I almost tore my arm off, so I'm training to handle it," I couldn't hold back the sarcasm.

"Huh well, I guess that makes sense."

Silence filled the air...

"Listen... about Izuku-"

Unearthly wrath filled me as he spoke, "SHUT UP! You tormented him for years! You don't deserve to say his name!" I started to lash out at him.

"Hey calm down!" He said as I pinned him to the tree.

"You forgot about him too!"

Those words.

I couldn't deny the truth they spoke.

"Hmpf, what is it?" I said in a pissed voice as I released my grip.

"I'm sorry," Katsuki said.

"I looked down on him because I was happy to finally have an edge over him, I had a quirk and he didn't."

"What kind of reason-"

"IZUKU WAS ALWAYS AHEAD!"

Katsuki breathed heavily.

"I never understood how he could always feel so much farther than me, so much stronger."

"His courage, his willingness to help, his self-sacrifice, his... strength."

"I hated staying behind, and now I can't even be sorry."

"I really... really wanted to be sorry, but I heard he's gone, and I'm- I'm just so- *Sob* sorry."

Katsuki was crying, the Katsuki Bakugo was crying.

I immediately embraced him.

"I- I- I'm- I'm- I'm- SO SORRY!"

Katsuki was crying his eyes out.

...

...

After Katsuki started to calm down, I softly spoke:

"I also wish I could apologize to him, I am a failure of a sister."

"Katsuki." I held him by the shoulders. "We need to become heroes, to make sure we find him, and if we do, we can save him. Both for you and me."

"*Sniff* Yes." Katsuki agreed.

"Now before that..."

"What is it?"

*SLAP*

A Katsuki was blown away by the strength, pushing him back a few meters. "OW! What the- Did you just slap me in the face?!"