[Extended] Chapter 38 - Overhaul v. Fist

[WARNING: Chapter is double the length than usual]

"What was that!?" yelled Overhaul. A loud crack echoed in the underground as a hole opened up from above. "Who-" "POWER!" yelled Mirio as he punched Overhaul once again. "You... Trash!" Overhaul then disassembled the ground below into more spikes, he moved his eyes everywhere to try and catch that Hero. At the same time, find the intruder he broke in here, as there definitely was a shadowy figure that came down with the rubble. "Give it up Kai!" a voice came from somewhere, "STOP CALLING ME THAT!"

The fight had gone on far longer than he hoped, the plan was to quickly immobilize the strongest with the quirk-destroying rounds, but now only he had the ammo and the gun was in a coma.

He immediately turned his head to a falling pebble behind him, this must be the intruder, as that damn hero would have just phased through it. There he couldn't be more shocked at who had joined the fight.

"WHAT A GREAT BATTLE TO INTERFERE IN!"

FIST! The thorn that had stuck itself to the yakuza for so long, now, they were a part of this as well!?! Did the heroes contract THEM!?

"YOOOUUUUUU!" yelled Overhaul as he reassembled the floor into two walls around Fist, then, forced thousands of spikes to shoot through. The vigilante reacted by running forwards, dodging every spike within an inch. Whenever a spike was too large to duck under, he would punch through it with brute force. "THIS IS THE DEATHMATCH YOU'RE HOPING FOR, OVERHAUL!" Fist bellowed as he punched Overhaul in the stomach, sending him back multiple meters. Overhaul quickly rebuilt his cracked ribs after cratering a pillar, then holding his fingers down on the ground again. The floor spread fissures up to 10 meters away, and waves of cone-like projectiles the size of soda cans shot toward Fist.

Elsewhere, Lemillion stood bewildered at what he saw. The memory of them was months old yet they were there as if nothing had changed. Not only that, but they also were fighting relentlessly against Overhaul. Every hit they made against him or the ground was far stronger than Lemillion could provide, as well as keeping his attention. Overhaul held a serious grudge against them for he completely lost sight of Eri.

POW

Fist had kicked Overhaul back so many times that he began to tumble in his steps, "C'MON, WHERE'S THAT HATRED YOU HOLD FOR ME!? I THOUGHT YOU WERE TOUGHER!" yelled Fist. "Oh, just wait! I've been saving this for you, pest!" said Overhaul, surprising Fist as he picked up a rock of debris and extended it at a speed that was too fast for Fist to react to, sending him back. He then reached into his pocket to grab a case that he threw to the other side of the room, "SHIN, SHOOT!"

It was then that Lemillion realized that the thug he knocked out on the way here, had crawled into the arena with a gun. He quickly loaded the gun with the ammo in the case, and his hands gradually moved to a pile of red fabric. Lemillion immediately jumped towards Eri, covering her with his own body. "Wh- Why are you... going so far?" she desperately whispered. "Because... I'm a hero." Lemillion braced himself for the shot, no matter if the bullets did destroy quirks, he wasn't going to let that stop him from saving a life.

*BANG*

"I hit them, I hit them, I hit them!" yelled the assistant. While... Lemillion felt nothing. He turned his head around and saw that the gun wasn't aimed at him, it was further away, it was pointed at- "Ow! The hell was that?" said Fist, looking at their leg. Overhaul began to snicker, "Now the disease-ridden rat has been cured! And they don't have to be anything more than a rat!" he gleefully yelled. "What the hell was that?" "Heh, heh, that was the fruits of labor! Now you can say goodbye to that emitter quirk of yours!" "Goodbye to my quirk?" "You should start begging for your life, Fist! You won't remain in this world for much longer." "Heh, your right on-"