Chapter 31 - Unstable

"Next, it's your turn..."

The message rang through my ears as I watched dad on the hospital bed. His vitals were stable, but I couldn't shake off the dread of his injury getting worse. The United States of smash... [Is the coolest thing ever invented] a final attack that put forward all embers he could possibly have left. Without One For All... What's left of him? Is his legacy just dust in the wind?

No...

No!

This can't be true!

Dad is the symbol of peace! The greatest hero to ever live! Japan's Icon! There is no way that-

"Are you alright Izumi?"

The detective put his hand on my shoulder, apparently, he knew All Might's secret too, not that it mattered much since dad is in a coma.

"I'm fine... I'll leave dad to rest now."

I stepped out and left the hospital without thinking much, the conflicting emotions between it being my turn and dad being severely injured clouded my sense of time. Do I really have that much power to go against the embodiment of terror? Or should I be concerned that I won't see dad stand again? No question was answered, only more came up.

This is the second time I've had to watch a pure soul fall into obscurity.

S-save me, sis-sister, please...

Wh-Why? I'm in pain sister... help- me...

D-Don't! Don't close the door! HELP M-

"Hey. You good?"

Katsuki was now holding my shoulder, it seems I don't need to wear a coat today- "Hey, talk to me."

As soon as I opened my mouth, I felt my tongue stiffen, "-m'alright." "Don't lie to me now, we're both not doing fine."

Together, we went on a short walk through the street, just the two of us, sorting through thoughts.

.

..

...

"IZUMI! YOU NEVER TOLD ME YOUR DAD WAS ALL MIGHT!?"

...Mina. Seems she was running all over town trying to find me, she was short of breath and sweaty. The thought occurred to me then, I've shared family photos of my dad and me with her on occasion, and it seems that is probably known by everyone in school now.

"Mina! Pipe down!" Katskui said while grabbing her hands, "Assess the situation, Idiot!" Mina took one look at me, and her expression immediately changed. I guess I'm not in the best shape.

"Oh no..." Mina whispered, "I think I made a mistake." "What did you do?!" "Well-"

"IZ-UMI! YOUR ALL MIGHT'S DAUGHTER!?" yelled 4 different people, all running out of the park entrance. Seems I was right.

From the outside, Izumi was now left alone walking home, Bakugo decided to handle the mess firsthand, and so he began by rounding up everyone in the park.

"Right. Now all of you are going to listen to me before you make this situation any worse than it fucking is." Despite his already existing tone, this was even harsher, no one dared to talk back. "I think all of you dumbasses realize that All Might is in critical condition right now, y'all at least have a damn phone." With every noun came a fierce hand movement that made everyone flinch. "However the fuck you found that Izumi's related to him, I don't CARE" He glared at Mina when he shouted. "Your very first idea after making that connection. Is to probably run like idiots, all around the city SHOUTING Izumi's name, without ever thinking about how SHE felt?!" Bakugo waited for an answer that he knew wouldn't come. "Fucking dumbasses. And YOU MINA!" He pointed straight at her while she just lowered her head in shame, "You're her friend! You should be able to tell she's sensitive! AM I AN IDIOT FOR THINKING THAT?" Mina was still. "C'MON, TELL ME!"