Chapter 27 - Dichotomy

The door opened, and without a word to her parents, Izumi went to take a shower and headed to bed. Her mother wanted to check in with her but, by the time she did, she was already sleeping.

This was not a normal sleep, however. To uplift herself, she used her quirk to visit her soul field. She had never tried to before, and she wanted this new experience for her escapism.

Like usual, she was falling through a wormhole, that was... until she fell through the clouds. Turning her head, he could vaguely see the environment, it looked similar to a city, of sorts. As she slowly approached the ground, she turned midair to land legs first. What she didn't expect, was that she fell through. Like a thin sheet of paper, she broke through the fabric of reality into darkness. To say she was surprised, would be an understatement.

Deep in her psyche, memories were surfacing once again. She could see... her brother standing behind that doorway, that doorway she didn't open.

Feel the darkness in my mind!

She was seeing her brother from the outside, his jittering holding his arm, so deeply in fear.

Clouds of chaos solidify...

She could hear him plead, beg for her attention, and what did she reciprocate? Disgust, annoyance, and stubbornness

No more chances, say goodbye!

Then, once she closed that door, she could see what she ignored. Her brother, collapsed onto the floor.

The Poison... the poison...

Despite not being physically present, she tried to, she tried to lift her brother, to embrace him, to even touch him, but nothing happened.

Coalesced within your veins

With a sudden time skip, her brother disappeared in front of her. She quickly ran to his room and, after phasing through the door... she was horrified.

Taking you over, day by day...

Blood, descending the chair to the flooring, dripping from her dear brother's arm. She almost stiffened.

You can't fix a poisoned heart~

She ran to him again, trying to do anything. Her brother was passed out on the chair, drenched in blood. She tried to shake him... and he woke up! But rather than being scared, he looked bored.

'Cause, it was over from the start!!

"GAH!" she awoke in pure stress, her hands were shaking, she had a cold sweat, and she didn't know what to think. "Izumi! Izumi! Talk to me!" she couldn't recognize the voice, her heartbeat was blocking out her ears. "Breathe... Slowly... In... out..." She couldn't remember who it was but she followed. Gradually her heartbeat steadied, in... out... "in... out... "

...

Once she could see again, she saw both of her parents next to her bed. "Izumi, my daughter! Do you feel better?" her dad exclaimed. "You didn't even greet us when you came home, what happened?" her mother said.

It took some time, but after she gathered her thoughts, she could speak again. "S-sorry for not talking to you when I came home..." Her dad eagerly held her hand, "Don't worry about it! I just want to know if something is troubling you." Izumi held a guilty look on her face, "I- I used my quirk on myself because I was curious, and... it was a nightmare."

Her mother embraced her tightly.

Izuku POV

I've got a good while before the next concert so I went back to patrolling.

I'm not sure why, but Aizawa has disappeared with the rest of the hero course students, so I've been pretty much touchless these days. The heroes on patrol rely far too much on their quirks, you impede them just a little and they cower. The problem is that villains take advantage of that as well.

I've made more headlines since I had to save their sorry asses from being murdered.

In fact, the same situation is happening now.

"I don't need a filthy vigilante to help me!" cried out the hero while being stuck to a wall by a spider villain. I just don't listen to them anymore.

Avoid the webbing at all costs

I'll use this trashcan lid

As soon as you get close, sweep the leg

Just like that, the spider villain was on the ground, now stuck in his own webbing that he threw at the lid. Then, as soon as I hear the police, I'm out of there.

"There he is, shoot him!" *BANG*

Missed me. A group of criminals in the alleyway tried to kill me, probably because I caught some of their buddies but that doesn't matter to me. All I'm waiting for now is dusk.

*CRASH*

A rather loud bang emanated from the west of the city, I only had to take one look to realize that a giant was stomping. I ran by the rooftops to reach it as fast as possible, only heroes that are single-digit charted could stand up to something like this alone.

Arriving at the scene, I could see he already trampled 4 buildings. The citizens were in panic and of course, there was no hero in sight. I jumped down and quickly ran in front of him to see if I could grab his attention. He looked down at me and grunted "YOU HERO?- CRUSH HERO!" At the beginning of a rampage, he was now focused on me. I should be able to outrun him if necessary but I first need to bring him to an empty street.

I could see bags of money coming out of his pockets, it seems that he specifically attacked banks.

Do you think I have a chance?

No.

Have a bit more faith in me...

We do

And we say you don't stand a chance.

Do any of you do?

I think I could knock him over, but that's it.

*Sigh*

"Hey! Do you want to team up to go against this guy!?"

I turned to the origin of the voice and saw Lemillion, Suneater, and Nejire. The big three.

I just nodded in agreement, having more people against this villain is better than nothing, plus, they don't know who I am.