Chapter 18

Ashley's POV

"I Blake Ryder reject you." Those words have been repeating in my head all day, and every time I hear them the more my heart breaks. Why would he reject me? And over a lunch table? Did our bond mean that little to him?

"Hey Ashley, are you ok?" Jacob asked, as I stared at my room ceiling. I was too heartbroken to stay at school, so I decided to go home. And Jacob decided that he will come with me even though I was against it. I was starting to get used to his presence now. He's like an annoying brother I never asked for. Luckily my mom and Ben were both at work.

"I don't know Jacob, how should one feel after getting their heart ripped out and mowed over like tall grass?" I replied calmly. Jacob decided not to answer.

Just then my phone decided to ring. I ignored it, but Jacob had other plans.

"Hello?" He answered. "Yeah she's right here... I'm not sure now's a good time... why does it matter who I am?" At this point I decided to take the phone from him.

"Hello?" I asked into the phone.

"Ashley? It's me Dylan, are you ok?" He asked worriedly in the phone. I haven't talked to Dylan in almost two days and I really missed him. Hearing his voice made me feel much better.

"Yes, Dylan I'm fine, why do you ask?"

"Well Blake called me earlier saying some nonsense about him rejecting you, and I was checking to see if you were ok." At the mention of Blake name my mood dropped again. Did Blake know Dylan was my mate? I never told him, but why else would he call Dylan? He must've have figured it out when I was in the hospital.

"Yes, he did." Was all I replied.

"Oh." The line went quiet for a while and I could hear cars in the background.

"Where are you?" I asked him.

"I'm on my way to your house." He replied in a duh manner.

"What? Why? I told you I'm fine."

"Yes, you did, but there was also a guy who answered your phone." I rolled my eyes, oh I see he's jealous.

"That's just Jacob, you don't have to come here Dylan." As much as I wanted to see him I didn't think it'd be a good idea. I could explain having one guy in my room if my mom showed up, but two? No way I was done.

"I know but I just want to make sure you're ok." I know Dylan could be a bit stubborn sometimes and I wasn't going to win this argument.

"OK Dylan I'll leave the door unlocked."

"Thanks, and one more thing. Where do you live." I chuckled as he asked this. So, he was coming here and didn't even know where I lived?

"I'll text you the address."

After hanging up the phone I looked over at Jacob.

"I think you should leave." I told him. He raised an eyebrow.

"Why?"

"Do you want a repeat of earlier? Cause I don't." I told him crossing my arms.

"Fine." He said getting up. "You'll call me later though, if anything happens right?"

"I don't have your number." He nodded grabbing my phone and putting it in under 'angel buddy' before leaving. I decided to just watch TV until Dylan got here.

Couple minutes later I heard my doorbell ring. I got out of bed and took my time opening the door. Didn't I tell him the door was unlocked?

"Yes?" I asked soon as I opened it. Dylan stood there with a smirk on his face, looking hot as always. He purposely rang the doorbell.

"You going to let me in?" He asked walking closer.

"Should I? I do believe I told you not to come." I smirked at him. Dylan rolled his eyes. Next thing I know my body was in the air being thrown over his shoulder.

"Put me down jerk off!" I screamed hitting his back.

"Maybe next time you'll just let me in." He said walking up the steps.

"If you don't put me down I swear I'll bite you!" I threatened.

"Oh, you animal." Dylan said not taking me seriously. Just as I was about to bite his shoulder I was flung on my bed.

"Oof, get out of my room!" I glared up at him. He just laughed grabbing a seat at my computer desk.

"Why are you so feisty?" He leaned back in my chair getting comfortable. I rolled my eyes at him.

"When are you leaving?" I sat up on the bed sitting cross legged watching him.

"Once you tell me everything that's been going on." He said in a serious voice. I gulped.