Chapter 12

After ten minutes of me awkwardly staring at him, he decided to break the silence.

"I'll try to explain everything," He looked deep in thought for a moment. "To start off you're adopted..." He said letting it drag waiting for my reaction.

I jumped off the bed "No way! you're crazy I'm not adopted!"

"Are you going to let me explain?" He was starting to get impatient. I sat back down.

"You are adopted, your parents were both archangels. Your mother was the only female archangel to ever exist. Making you the first archangel born in centuries. Which Is why I am your protector." I sat with my mouth opened wide.

"That's not possible, I'm a werewolf!" I objected.

"That's part of the story that I would like to explain." He said rolling his eyes.

I pretended to zip my lips shut and he smiled.

"Ok moving on, you were born in heaven."

"Then why am I on earth?" I interrupted again.

"You're on earth because your mom wanted you to have a normal life. There's a lot of rules and training in heaven, your mom didn't want you to go through that. And with you being an archangel your training would have been twice as hard." He said sounding sad. I don't even know my mother, but I love her already, she basically helped me avoid an eternal life of P.E.

"Where are my parents now then?"

"They're dead." What was I supposed to say to that? I never got the chance to meet my real parents and now I never will.

"How did the die?"

"I'll explain that in the story," I nodded telling him to proceed. "My mother, who was your moms best friend at the time, was against your mom sending you to earth so she told the council." I stared at him wide eyed. Her own best friend snitched on her.

"After the council got this information they warned your mom not to send you away or there'll be consequences. But what they didn't know and neither did my mother was that your mom had already placed you on earth the day before, knowing my mother would tell and that they wouldn't agree to it." Inside my head I was cheering, my mom was smart.

"As you guessed she gave you to the family you have now." He said

"Did she know they were werewolves? And if I'm an angel how did I become a wolf?" I asked

"Being the first-born archangel, you have unique powers, powers no one knows about. As a baby you adapted to your surroundings, meaning your angel allowed you to shift into a wolf to protect yourself." That's why my parents never thought I'd shift, my angel must have taken a while to adapt.

"So, you're telling me I'm not really a werewolf?" This was all a little confusing, I could deal with finding out I'm a werewolf. But an archangel? That's just too much.

"No, you are, only because your angel allowed it since you had been living with werewolves for so long. Your wolf has bonded with your angel."

"If I'm an angel then why haven't it like, showed itself?" I asked confused.

"It needed something to trigger it, angels get their powers by being around other angels. Now that you've met me your angel has been awakened" He said smiling again.

"How did my parents die?" I asked

"After the whole ordeal with you already being placed here. The council ordered another angel to execute them." He told me. Somewhere inside me I felt like crying but I didn't know why.  I realized I hated the council.

***

Two hours later when I could no longer keep up with all this latest information, he decided I could go home. We pulled up at my house and it looked dark inside.

"Is anyone home?" He asked, looking at the house.

"I'm not sure, but I have a key." He nodded his head. I was about to get out the car when I realized I never got his name.

"By the way what's your name?" I asked.

"Jacob, I'll be seeing you real soon Ashley." Yeah right, I thought getting out the car and making my way to the front door.

Today has been crazy.