Chapter 9

Picture of Ashley

After about twenty minutes of playing games with the gang, Dylan and I decided to break away from them and go get some ice cream.

The man at the stand was old and fragile looking but greeted us with a warm smile.

"Hey kids how's your day going?" He asked us.

"It's going well, we've won a few games." I told him smiling as we looked over the menu. Hmm chocolate mint or vanilla?

"You two lovebirds decided on what you're getting yet?" That wiped the smile right off my face, but Dylan grinned widely at the man.

"Yes, I think my wife is ready to pick." He said putting an arm around me. I gave him a confused look, but he just squeezed my shoulder encouraging me to play along.

"Married?" The old man repeated looking bewildered. Well we did look too young to be married already. He probably thinks we ran away and got hitched in Vegas or something.

"Yes." Dylan answered placing a small kiss on my cheek. I felt my face heat up. The old man didn't say anything after that just looked at us weird.

"I'll take a vanilla ice cream please." I ordered, before Dylan gave this old man a heart attack.

"And I'll take mint chocolate." Dylan ordered. He handed the man a five-dollar bill as he gave us our ice cream.

"What was that for?" I smacked him on the chest as we walked away.

"It got a smile on your face." He told me, turning to wink at me.

I blushed under his gaze and rolled my eyes. "Hardly." We walked over to our booth and sat on opposite sides.

"How's that vanilla ice cream?" He asked me.

"Very delicious, I couldn't decide between that and mint though." I shrugged.

"Here have some of mine," He held the ice cream cone out to me and I reached for it, but he snatched it back. "I'll hold it." I blushed realizing what he was suggesting. I leaned over the table avoiding eye contact with him as I moved forward to lick the ice cream, only for him to smash it in my face. I stared at him in shock while he burst out laughing. He was laughing so hard his face started turning red, while I on the other hand was not laughing.

"You jerk." I licked off what was around my mouth and grabbed a napkin to get the rest. At least I still got to taste it.

"I'm sorry, you should've seen your face though."

I rolled my eyes. "I'm sure it was very entertaining." This set him off in another fit of laughter. An eternity later he finally calmed down.

"Ashley, we need to talk about this mate thing." He blurted out.

"What mate thing?" I asked licking my ice cream cone.

"I know that guy from the other night is your mate." He said with an edge to his voice. I was speechless. How'd he know Blake was my mate?

"I don't know what to say Dylan, I didn't ask for this it just happened. I just found out I was a werewolf like two days ago."

"Wow really? So, then you don't know about choosing?" He asked softly.

"What do you mean choosing?" I asked confused.

"Ashley this isn't the first time a werewolf has had two mates. Your kind and my kind have been mating for centuries. You have to choose rather you want me or the other guy as your mate." He informed me.

"if you're not a werewolf then what are you?" I asked quietly.

"I'm a cat shifter Ashley." I had no idea what a cat shifter was, never even heard of the term.

"Oh." Was my awesome response, he chuckled.

"Do you know what a cat shifter is?" He asked me.

"I mean of course but maybe you should just refresh my memories." He rolled his eyes.

"Cat shifters are complete opposites of a werewolf, while you guys shift to oversized wolves, we can shift to any feline and will be the same size as a werewolf. It's rare for us to find a mate unless you're an alpha, and even rarer to mate with a werewolf."

I was about to ask him more about his kind when Lizzy suddenly ran over.

"Ashley, Blake is on his way here." She said out of breath. I jumped out of my seat and so did Dylan.

"What do you mean Blake is on his way here?"

"Who is Blake?" Dylan asked.

"He was looking for you in the mind link and found out you were here with me at the arcade." She said sounding scared.

"Does he know Dylan is with me?" I asked looking over at Dylan who looked like he was getting angry.

"Blake is my other mate." I told him.

"Yes, that's why he's coming, we have to leave now!" She grabbed my arm and started speed walking towards the door. I looked back to see Dylan following us. We were two feet from the door when Lizzy suddenly stopped making me run into her.

"Why did you stop?" I asked out of breath. I'm not the fittest person and speed walking is basically just running slow.

"Because it's too late, he's already here." She moved behind me. I looked up at the door and sure enough, Blake Derek and some other guy were standing there looking around. Blake spotted me first and started walking towards me, not looking happy at all. Then I noticed he wasn't looking at us but more behind us. I turned around to see Dylan standing there also with guys looking ready to fight. Where did those guys come from? Have they been here the whole time? I have a feeling this isn't going to end well.