Chapter 19

"Where should I start? Things have been crazy lately." I told Dylan. The thing I liked most about Dylan was I felt like I could tell him anything, and he'd make all my problems go away.

"Let's start with who's that Jacob guy?" He said raising an eyebrow. I knew he'd say that.

"Well Jacob is the one who told me I'm adopted, and well he's an angel and my guardian." I told him watching his reaction. His face was neutral. I wasn't certain how Jacob would feel about me telling Dylan his identity, but I didn't care.

"Guardian for what?"

"My real parents tasked him to watch over me, because I'm the first-born archangel. " It felt really good to finally tell someone everything.

"But that doesn't make sense. Aren't you a werewolf? How can you be an angel too?" Dylan asked sounding very confused.

"He said my angel adapts to my surroundings and since I was surrounded by werewolves, I became one. I didn't believe him at first either, but after confirming I was adopted I decided to try something." Getting up I walked over to Dylan. "Watch this." Opening my hand, I did what Jacob taught me to do.

"Whoa what the heck Ashley!?" Dylan jumped from the chair looking very shocked.

"Apparently angels can control the elements." I told him making the flames disappear, I was getting good at this.

"Why didn't you show me this before?" He asked sitting back down. I walked back over to my bed and sat down as well.

"I couldn't do it before, Jacob said our powers only get activated when we meet another angel." I told him.

"So, meeting Jacob did this?"

"Yes, I believe so."

"Does anyone else know?" He asked.

"No, I've only told you." I said blushing.

"Hmm well I think we should keep this a secret. You don't want people coming after you. I mean a girl who can control the elements and shift? You'd be a nice prize." He told me smirking. I rolled my eyes.

"I think that's a good idea."

"Now what happened with Blake?" I cringed slightly when he mentioned his name.

"Well Jacob enrolled in my school to keep watch over me, and today he asked to sit with me at lunch. Blake was there and got upset for some reason saying he couldn't sit with me. So, I walked away from him with Jacob and he rejected me." I looked out the window thinking back to earlier once again.

"Well his lost is my gain," Dylan gave me a flirtatious smile, causing me to blush. "Have you tried doing anything else? With the elements I mean." He asked sounding excited. I could tell he was trying to take my mind off Blake.

"Uh no, haven't had much time."

"Well you got time now." Dylan said, with a mischievous look in his eyes.

----------

"Which one should we start with?" I asked Dylan in excitement. We were sitting in the living room with two chairs pulled to the table. There was a rock and a glass of water in the middle.

"Which do you want to try first?" Dylan asked me almost excited as I was. I looked over both objects deep in thought.

"Let's do water." I suggested looking up at him.

"Good I was hoping you picked that," He clapped his hands together. "Ok I want you to try to move it."

"How am I supposed to do that?" I asked him.

"I guess you should concentrate on it and try to make it do something, we'll see what happens."

I did what he suggested and focused on the glass of water.

"Are you trying?" He asked.

"Yes, I am! Dumb thing won't move." I frowned.

"Ok try again." I did as he told me but this time I thought about nothing but water. Slowly some of the water started rising out of the cup.

"Oh my god! I'm doing it!" I told Dylan.

"Great stay focused." suddenly I sneezed. The water that was floating flew towards Dylan and soaked him.

"Oh my god I'm so sorry!" I told Dylan trying to hold in my laughter.

"You think this is funny?" He asked.

"N-" Before I could finish my sentence he picked up the cup and dumped the rest of the water on me. It was so cold. I shivered as I glared at him. "You jerk! Why'd you do that!"

Dylan was doubled over laughing, while I just glared.

"You look like a wet dog." He said laughing harder at his lame joke. I crossed my arms as I calmly waited for him to stop. I could feel my shirt and hair sticking to my body.

"Are you done?"

"Ok ok I'm done." He said smiling.

"I'm going to go get some towels," I got up from my seat quickly running to the bathroom grabbing two big dry towels before making my way back. "Are we going to try the rock now?" I asked him as I tossed him a dry towel.

"Yeah let's get back to it." We both sat back down, drying ourselves as we focused back on the rock.

"Ok do what you did with the water."

"You want me to hit you in the face with a rock?" I asked him smirking. He glared. I concentrated on the rock like with the water. It started vibrating on the table.

"Is that all you can make it do?" Dylan asked.

"I guess, it seemed much harder to control than the water and fire." I told him curiously.

"Hmm let's try with the water again then." Dylan said. I nodded getting up to go fill the cup with more water.